Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people on government assistance be drug tested?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should people on government assistance be drug tested?

I think if people that want to work are being tested, people that are getting money by tax paying citizens should be under the same scrutiny.
    yes they should be tested
    70.59%
    no they should not be tested
    29.41%

Just waste more of the tax money on drug testing, what a great idea.

Comment

No because at some point that person has paid taxes into the system. They don't owe the state anything.

The state already has become invasive enough as it is.

A lot of private companies drug test, but a lot of them don't. I don't see why that should mean the government should drug test someone who is using food stamps.

Faulty logic and it assumes a presumption of guilt, when the constitution says the exact opposite.

Comment

If that same government would tax and regulate those drugs in the first place there would be alot more money to go around.

Comment

No absolutely not. But I do think that after a certain period of time calculated by the value of their tax contributions then they should be A. Eligible for and B. Required to extra training and should be closely monitored to ensure they are attempting to find employment.

Drug testing employees and students is also something I am opposed to unless they are in certain fields of employment in which public safety is a factor. For most positions if you need to perform drug tests in order to see if they are on drugs then the drugs are obviously not affecting them that much.

Comment

I live near ghetto areas and it amazes me what one can do with government assistance (Nice clothes, Nice car with stereo system, rims, etc).

Comment

I say Hell Yeah! Stop these drug addict leeches from using my tax money to buy from other immigrant drug dealers. Kill two birds with one stone. Hurt the drug addicts and the dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
                I say Hell Yeah! Stop these drug addict leeches from using my tax money to buy from other immigrant drug dealers. Kill two birds with one stone. Hurt the drug addicts and the dealers.
                Co-Sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
                  I think if people that want to work are being tested, people that are getting money by tax paying citizens should be under the same scrutiny.
                  Tortilla if they test you will you lose your benefits or are you clean?

Comment

no because drugs should be legal and the govt should stay the **** out of my business!

Comment

Working...
                    X