Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Floyd duck Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rofl @ mosley being washed up. he still beat DLH TWICE and floyd went ahead and fought DLH hahaha.

GOTTA LOVE THE HYPOCRISY

Comment

Mosley is a no win situation anyway. If he had fought Mosley, people would say he'd just be another old guy who had stuggled with Vargas and David Estrada and people would say he was already ruined by Winky and Forrest. People crtizied Floyd for fighting the "old" De La Hoya, so it was good it went with the younger Hatton.

Infact, I think Hatton is someway the tougher fight anyway. Hatton had that "rentless pressure, tremendous body punching, and rough and tough style" to beat Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 v2.0 View Post
        rofl @ mosley being washed up. he still beat DLH TWICE and floyd went ahead and fought DLH hahaha.

GOTTA LOVE THE HYPOCRISY
        dlh was the fight that mayweather wanted from day 1 of his pro career. he always wanted to avenge his uncles ko loss to dlh. plus dlh was still the biggest money fight in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          Mosley is a no win situation anyway. If he had fought Mosley, people would say he'd just be another old guy who had stuggled with Vargas and David Estrada and people would say he was already ruined by Winky and Forrest. People crtizied Floyd for fighting the "old" De La Hoya, so it was good it went with the younger Hatton.

Infact, I think Hatton is someway the tougher fight anyway. Hatton had that "rentless pressure, tremendous body punching, and rough and tough style" to beat Mayweather.
          Which he didn't apply at all. He was a sitting duck for Floyd, and it was Floyd that roughed up Hatton. He was aiming with his elbows at one point. He was Bernard Hopkins on the inside and ate Hatton up. Mosley would be a chess match on speed. In no way in hell is Hatton at all a tougher pick, he is not even close to the same level as Floyd or Mosley. And yeah Oscar and Shane aren't prime, but that doesn't mean they're not still A class warriors that would beat most fighters out there today.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
            Which he didn't apply at all. He was a sitting duck for Floyd, and it was Floyd that roughed up Hatton. He was aiming with his elbows at one point. He was Bernard Hopkins on the inside and ate Hatton up. Mosley would be a chess match on speed. In no way in hell is Hatton at all a tougher pick, he is not even close to the same level as Floyd or Mosley. And yeah Oscar and Shane aren't prime, but that doesn't mean they're not still A class warriors that would beat most fighters out there today.
            Oh yeah of course, but I'm talking from a person's stand point. I think Hatton did better for his resume then Mosley did. It seemed like Floyd was taking the bigger risk. I think he was to because we thought Ricky was going to try to apply most of those tactics. Mayweather just made it seem like easy work.

Also Shane, while a grade A fighter even when past his prime and I think Cotto deserves full credit for that win, seemed to be easy to hit. Maybe because I watch Forrest-Mosley 1 a lot. Then again so was Hatton, but Hatton's style was a lot more "suited" to beat Mayweather. I think Mosley would (easily) beat Hatton, but I think if I were to go and guess who would have a better chance at an upset it'd be Hatton. I don't see how Mosley would have presented that many problems for Floyd honestly. Maybe because I just watched him looked like crap against Oscar, Winky, and Forrest recently.

I both think Oscar and Shane were still grade A fighters even when past their prime and would beat mostly everyone in their respective divisions.

Comment

Oh yeah of course, but I'm talking from a person's stand point. I think Hatton did better for his resume then Mosley did. It seemed like Floyd was taking the bigger risk. I think he was to because we thought Ricky was going to try to apply most of those tactics. Mayweather just made it seem like easy work.

Also Shane, while a grade A fighter even when past his prime and I think Cotto deserves full credit for that win, seemed to be easy to hit. Maybe because I watch Forrest-Mosley 1 a lot. Then again so was Hatton, but Hatton's style was a lot more "suited" to beat Mayweather. I think Mosley would (easily) beat Hatton, but I think if I were to go and guess who would have a better chance at an upset it'd be Hatton. I don't see how Mosley would have presented that many problems for Floyd honestly. Maybe because I just watched him looked like crap against Oscar, Winky, and Forrest recently.

I both think Oscar and Shane were still grade A fighters even when past their prime and would beat mostly everyone in their respective divisions.
              He was easy to hit for Cotto because he tried to knock him out. Look at him ONE fight before that. He fought a boxer in Collazo and he beat him with ease (although Collazo did break his hand). Collazo couldn't find the target all night, he wasn't gunshy there was just no opening. Even Collazo said he wished Mosley fought him the way he fought Cotto, it would have been a much easier fight. Mosley relied on head movement instead of ring generalship for Cotto because he believed he could hurt him. Just because his head movement was not there for Cotto, doesn't mean that would be his gameplan for Mayweather. Mosley would have done much better than Hatton.

Comment

Yeah, but Collazo had nowhere the speed or the intelligence Floyd has imo. Look at when Shane always tried to be agressive, he looked like ****. I think Floyd would have laid back and counter with Shane getting very discouraged and not knowing what to do.

I think Mosley-Hatton would have been very similiar to Floyd-Hatton actually. Even with the same left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620
                  Floyd got paid at least 20 million to fight Delahoya. I hope you are not going to say that he would have made that with Mosley. You also don't seem to have a probl;em with Margarito fighting Delahoya and skipping Paul Williams for the same reason. Do you love that hypocrisy too?
                  ahhhhhh so you're ok then with Margarito wanting to get at DLH then? is that the case? see what im doing here?

Comment

I think Mayweather didnt fight him out of spite, Mayweather was basically begging Mosley for a fight he even called Jin Mosley name's just to get Mosley in the ring but Shane wasnt having it, Now when Mayweather got to the top through oscar Mosley wanted the fight which in turn Mayweather started calling him a sparring partner out of spite.

Anybody that knows boxing would actually know Mayweather didnt duck Mosley

Comment

Yeah, but Collazo had nowhere the speed or the intelligence Floyd has imo. Look at when Shane always tried to be agressive, he looked like ****. I think Floyd would have laid back and counter with Shane getting very discouraged and not knowing what to do.

I think Mosley-Hatton would have been very similiar to Floyd-Hatton actually. Even with the same left hook.
                      Mosley's chin is pretty unbreakable. Certainly not breaking by the brittle hands of Floyd. I like Floyd and don't deny his talent, but the thought of him hurting Mosley is laughable. Also, Corley caught him very clean (probably harder than anyone ever has, even if it was a while ago), Judah caught him with a wide left (and DID knock him down even if it didn't hurt at all), Oscar landed hard straights that snapped his head back, Mosley would land the right. I'm not saying these fighters landed with great regularity and I'm not implying that shane would either, but you can't take away someone as fast as shane without giving him his due shot. He is not so one dimensional to fly into floyd's shots. He would control the distance and use the smarts of a man who's seen it all to approach Floyd the best way possible. He is also probably faster than anyone floyd could fight at that weight, and that would give floyd something to worry about. My point isn't that Mosley would win, it's that Mosley could win and even if he doesn't it's a fight where we get to see two fighters display hand speed, ring smarts, defense and grace in a way we could only get from these two fighters. It'd be like a modern day SRL fighting modern day Pernell Whitaker. Loose example, but those are two fighters that would never turn down the matchup.

I feel weird postin so much in this thread saying Floyd 'ducked' a fighter. I wouldn't say he ducked him, but I wish he cared more about taking the amazing fights than taking the big money fights and protecting the 'O'.

Comment

Working...
                      X