No announcement yet.

This kid gets my vote for **** of the year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He turned around to say "Hello Ladies", she responded with "fuk you" and he instinctively threw the ball at her.
    I think that's a misrepresentation, based on the timeline I out-laid and someone else rightly pointed out.

He is undoubtedly in the motion of throwing the ball BEFORE, she has responded. He was throwing that ball regardless.

Think what you want...closer inspection fully supports otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post
      I bolded the opinions you presented as fact. Your first opinion is nonsense because it's simply not true. "Kids" around this age (male or female) routinely beat up or even KILL each other for talking **** (to one's face or even online), wearing the "wrong" clothes, being too pretty or smart, etc. And that's just within the realm of a young person's world. They don't even know what the word proportional means, much less how to apply it to their lives.

As for the "disproportionate" ****e, it's not for YOU to determine how a young boy acts when he gets disrespected by the weaker sex. If that was your daughter, then it's YOUR fault for not teaching her respect. Perhaps *hypothetical incoming* these assh0les knew each other and already built up a pattern of disrespect between them. Problem is, kids have limits just like everyone else.

Btw, how is a grown ass heavyweight-sized dude (as you say you are) putting a 70lb kid and his obese (destined to live in the friendzone) buddy in the hospital as "revenge" for your hoe-ish daughter's skinned and bruised hands, in ANY way a realistic (or proportionate, in your own words) response? lol. Going by that "logic", the fathers of those boys would be JUSTIFIED for taking a few baseball bats to you, or just making use of the nearest pistol in their possession. See the flaw in your argument, there?
      I think we do, hence when you have a disproportionate response you are punished.

I am not looking for agreement. My response is flawed, overly emotional and exceedingly violent. It is much more than what was done and totally violates the proportional response ethos.

Again, this is my daughter. My response wouldn't be rational, but painful and vindictive to send the message to him, his family and everyone that heard about it to never harm her again.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
        Bullshit, if that was your daughter, you would've left the mother and the kid a long time ago.

Heh. Its true, though. The girl in this case seemed really eager to talk ****, both before and after the beautifully-aimed throw that sent her crumbling (almost in an artistic, slow motion-type manner) into the road. Btw, I wonder who enabled her to develop the comfort zone for arbitrarily running her mouth? Perhaps her mother, who acts the same way (so she thinks it's ok), or her dad (who's the doting husband, and mistakenly lets them both act that way)? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
          I think that's a misrepresentation, based on the timeline I out-laid and someone else rightly pointed out.

He is undoubtedly in the motion of throwing the ball BEFORE, she has responded. He was throwing that ball regardless.

Think what you want...closer inspection fully supports otherwise.
          There's no way of knowing what he was going to do. You're using conjecture and I'm using fact. He threw the ball after the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I think we do, hence when you have a disproportionate response you are punished.

I am not looking for agreement. My response is flawed, overly emotional and exceedingly violent. It is much more than what was done and totally violates the proportional response ethos.

Again, this is my daughter. My response wouldn't be rational, but painful and vindictive to send the message to him, his family and everyone that heard about it to never harm her again.
            Fair enough, I'm certainly not agreeing with you, but merely pointing out the inconsistencies of your thought processes. It's how I make a living, so this **** is second nature to me by now. Honest question though for ya. If you did what you said you would, wouldn't that just be reinforcing (enabling) your daughter's hoe-reminiscent behavior, ergo enabling her to think she can say or do she wants with IMPUNITY, because her dad will be there to "fix" any hostile situation SHE creates? Don't you think that (if left to her own devices and unchecked behavior), she would grow up to be a woman who's a detriment to society as opposed to an asset?

Comment

Fair enough, I'm certainly not agreeing with you, but merely pointing out the inconsistencies of your thought processes. It's how I make a living, so this **** is second nature to me by now. Honest question though for ya. If you did what you said you would, wouldn't that just be reinforcing (enabling) your daughter's hoe-reminiscent behavior, ergo enabling her to think she can say or do she wants with IMPUNITY, because her dad will be there to "fix" any hostile situation SHE creates? Don't you think that (if left to her own devices and unchecked behavior), she would grow up to be a woman who's a detriment to society as opposed to an asset?
              I get your point but the reasoning is flawed. Her saying that is not an indicator of how she was raised, its an indicator of what societal influences affected her outside the home.

My parents never raised me to do the crap I did, yours neither. I would bet her parents didn't raise her to act this way. I could be wrong.

I want my daughter, particularly at the age the girl appears in the video-to feel that way. The most important relationship a girl has is with her father.

Its a stretch to assume this would lead to behavior that would be detrimental to society. Are you worried that his over reaction would cause him to do same?

Comment

I get your point but the reasoning is flawed. Her saying that is not an indicator of how she was raised, its an indicator of what societal influences affected her outside the home.

My parents never raised me to do the crap I did, yours neither. I would bet her parents didn't raise her to act this way. I could be wrong.

I want my daughter, particularly at the age the girl appears in the video-to feel that way. The most important relationship a girl has is with her father.

Its a stretch to assume this would lead to behavior that would be detrimental to society. Are you worried that his over reaction would cause him to do same?
                Yet another sign of your ****ty parenting. Blame the society around the kid, not your own influence which is by far the most important. You're a potential child murderer and have no regard for your own health, of course it's gonna be your fat fault if your kid turns out like that. There doesn't seem to be a single redeeming thought process floating around in that transfat filled head of yours.

Comment

In your opinion, you mean. That's not a fact, despite you wording the sentence as such. In any case Family guidance >>>>>>> whatever society "tells" kids to do. It's a parents responsibility to teach right/wrong and to think for one's self. Is that why you didn't address my point about the daughter (hypothetically) learning that behavior from her mother and the husband being a typical (duhh, whatever you say honey) type of dude, to instead shift the blame to society?

As for the italicized, don't think you can speak for me. I can do that for myself and I stand behind anything I say. As for your following sentence, you would want to bestow and encourage the entitlement that most women carry around today (imo)? Seems to me a father should teach his little girl to NOT assume she can do as she pleases without consequences or in other words, making her think she's above reproach. You'd be lying to her, if that's the case.

She indeed would be a detriment to society if she follows the path of entitlement, because not only would she demonize men who didn't put her on a pedestal, but because her eventual spawn would have to grow up in her presence, as a delusional, typical woman. As for the boy's over-reaction (in your view), maybe it was a bit drastic, but if it served the purpose of bringing down that girl's inherent sense of entitlement, it is what it is. It's not like it was a brutal fall that left her with serious injury, as she was ready to fight right after taking the impromptu dive into the road.

I'm not advocating young dudes to stand next to roads, ready to play dodgeball with any girl riding by. I'm saying in the context of THIS particular video (where the kids may have known each other and talked **** previously) the reaction might not have been well thought out, but it could certainly be warranted, ie in the realm of possibility. Dude isn't a blossoming psychopath because he immediately knew he messed up, hence him frozen in place after the hit the road. He'll (hopefully) learn to make better decisions, but will she?

Comment

In your opinion, you mean. That's not a fact, despite you wording the sentence as such. In any case Family guidance >>>>>>> whatever society "tells" kids to do. It's a parents responsibility to teach right/wrong and to think for one's self. Is that why you didn't address my point about the daughter (hypothetically) learning that behavior from her mother and the husband being a typical (duhh, whatever you say honey) type of dude, to instead shift the blame to society?

As for the italicized, don't think you can speak for me. I can do that for myself and I stand behind anything I say. As for your following sentence, you would want to bestow and encourage the entitlement that most women carry around today (imo)? Seems to me a father should teach his little girl to NOT assume she can do as she pleases without consequences or in other words, making her think she's above reproach. You'd be lying to her, if that's the case.

She indeed would be a detriment to society if she follows the path of entitlement, because not only would she demonize men who didn't put her on a pedestal, but because her eventual spawn would have to grow up in her presence, as a delusional, typical woman. As for the boy's over-reaction (in your view), maybe it was a bit drastic, but if it served the purpose of bringing down that girl's inherent sense of entitlement, it is what it is. It's not like it was a brutal fall that left her with serious injury, as she was ready to fight right after taking the impromptu dive into the road.

I'm not advocating young dudes to stand next to roads, ready to play dodgeball with any girl riding by. I'm saying in the context of THIS particular video (where the kids may have known each other and talked **** previously) the reaction might not have been well thought out, but it could certainly be warranted, ie in the realm of possibility. Dude isn't a blossoming psychopath because he immediately knew he messed up, hence him frozen in place after the hit the road. He'll (hopefully) learn to make better decisions, but will she?
                    No I am not shifting blame to society at all. If you have kids, you know that no matter how good a job you do raising them, they all get influenced by things outside the home and on TV.

I don't know that this is indicative of a girl being taught she can do whatever she wants without consequences. I don't equate saying that to a sense of entitlement. You are entitled to your opinion.

if you think this was a fair response, so be it. It doesn't bother me that you would handle it differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      There's no way of knowing what he was going to do. You're using conjecture and I'm using fact. He threw the ball after the comment.
                      I'm not, your being pedantic, as you are too often sadly. The act of throwing doesn't suddenly commence only once it leaves the hands. Just as the act of a punch doesn't suddenly commence on landing.

The act of throwing something begins when you commence that motion. Fact.

He commenced the motion of throwing the ball before she had said what she did. Fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X