No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mares or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by puga View Post
    Never in mares's career has he fought the best in the division ...not a118, 122, or 126...still he fought best competition available tho....
    he consistently was calling out Donaire and was in Bantamweight tournament while Donaire was fighting has beens like Arce and Nishioka.

Mares fought the better oppositions Donaire fought bigger names past their prime so in my book Mares resume is more impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      It wasn't that clear at the time. Anselmo Moreno alone was better than most Donaire opponents apart from Darchinyan.
      Lol, noit aint, mares beat him at 122 in which moreno has done nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        he consistently was calling out Donaire and was in Bantamweight tournament while Donaire was fighting has beens like Arce and Nishioka.

Mares fought the better oppositions Donaire fought bigger names past their prime so in my book Mares resume is more impressive
        Hope you aint implying nonito ducking mares ...they both wanted that fight but we know now (not at that time)who never wanted to work with bobby, schaeffer...

Nishioka was ranked #1 just behind rigo when nonito fought him ..mares has not even fought the top 3 of "any" division...i think ponce de leon is best win considering abner is a small guy for fw...nonito still has 112 and 115 over mares...this comparison is not close...
        Last edited by puga; 10-20-2014, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          It wasn't that clear at the time. Anselmo Moreno alone was better than most Donaire opponents apart from Darchinyan.

Moreno hadn't even fought at 122, he spent his career at 118 where he was a good champion but one struggling with fighters Donaire had dominated.

He was a good champion but looking back he was probably a touch overrated at the time and had no pop at all above 118.

Comment

• Donaire by a landslide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post

Exactly. More important than whom is when.

Comment

Working...
              X