Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good read: Why your data is worth $104 billion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just deleted my account today, but first I deleted all messages, notificatios and my pictures 1 by 1 because of some documentary which I saw that said that if you don't, they can still use them, I thought the account would get deleted today, now I gotta wait 2 weeks for it to take it's process, WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      I just deleted my account today, but first I deleted all messages, notificatios and my pictures 1 by 1 because of some documentary which I saw that said that if you don't, they can still use them, I thought the account would get deleted today, now I gotta wait 2 weeks for it to take it's process, WTF?
      same as when i deleted mine... i only had one or two pics of me on there, and i hated when people tagged me. mostly pics of my dog and some vacation scenery or whatever.

once your life and decisions are digital, they're forever and can be duplicated infinitely.

i enjoy privacy

Comment

I think even delete them from the account doesn't get rid of them fully. We're seeing this iCloud kinda thing come out now but I'm sure its been around for a lot longer and been used by such companies and networks.

Comment

well, anything you put on 'the cloud' gets indexed digitally anyway, at least for most cloud services.

the major thing i dont like about it is, they have all this data (they being anyone who stores personal edata) and they may not have the technology to fully utilize it but they can sit on the data till the tech comes. facial recognition of your kids pics uploaded when they're young etc.

no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
            well, anything you put on 'the cloud' gets indexed digitally anyway, at least for most cloud services.

the major thing i dont like about it is, they have all this data (they being anyone who stores personal edata) and they may not have the technology to fully utilize it but they can sit on the data till the tech comes. facial recognition of your kids pics uploaded when they're young etc.

no thanks!
            Exactly!!!!!!!

Human tracking, doesn't require a chip after all, we've submitting all the information voluntarily.

Its like when Agent Smith sat down at the table with Neo in the station, holding the book of his life. And started telling him all the **** he did from day to day .....

I can only imagine, someone, one day, sitting in front of you the same way, telling you about all the information they have on you.

Comment

no thanks!
              it's a good thing all my kids look exactly the same.

they wouldn't know which one is which.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                Exactly!!!!!!!

Human tracking, doesn't require a chip after all, we've submitting all the information voluntarily.
                i just had this conversation with my grandfather-in-law. he's a religious guy talking about chips being implanted in us etc etc....

i set my iphone on the table and said, thats pointless, we voluntarily carry our own.

granted not everyone but there are so many who are ignorant to how much data they give up and how much it is actually utilized.

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
                it's a good thing all my kids look exactly the same.

they wouldn't know which one is which.

oh frogs!!!
                Last edited by - v e t -; 05-20-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

this was an excellent article i thought

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/ma...pagewanted=all

and thats a store that DOESNT require a 'bonus card' or whatever they all call them.

disclaimer: its a fairly long article

Comment

I've always been disgusted by Facebock and what it stood for. With each passing day I realize how right I was and still am.

Comment

this was an excellent article i thought

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/ma...pagewanted=all

and thats a store that DOESNT require a 'bonus card' or whatever they all call them.

disclaimer: its a fairly long article
                      you should have used bigger letters and bolded your disclaimer.

it took me 5 minutes simply to scroll down til the bottom of the article.

Comment

Working...
                      X