Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto responds to Sergio's comment about him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto responds to Sergio's comment about him.

More or less " I see he is trying to sell the fight already...Sergio does not have to like me as a person...My wife and kids like me as a person...He lives in Argentina, I live in PR, we don't have to see one another and so it is of no consequence what Sergio thinks about me.. . What he needs to focus on is being in top shape for the fight." ~Cotto

Agree with Cotto. i think Sergio is just trying to motivate himself as he hasn't looked that interested in his fights as of late, save for the Chavez one.

Comment

If Sergio is going to be trolling and acting like a 7 grade girl then he better be ready because King Cotto will bring pain.

Cant wait for this fight! War Cotto!

Comment

MC being the mature one here. Very expected.

Comment

Cotto is right, Sergio is just trying to sell the fight already. No need to hate Sergio also, he is doing his job and he needs a big payday, he doesn't have many fights left, everybody in his position would do the same and try to sell this fight talking trash about Cotto.

I just don´t care of this BS, I just wanna see this great fight ASAP.

Comment

Sergio's just a passionate dude. Nothing to see here.

Comment

It does seem that Martinez is trying to get some kind of emotion involved to help spur his efforts but to me it seems a bit of a waste of time. Like that whole thing with the handshake 'incident' he likes to mention...Whatever man, big deal, there are bigger things going on at the moment (like actually getting ready to fight Cotto) rather than try rallying some emotion behind being 'disrespected' by Miguel.

Pretty sure the animosity that Martinez tries to counjour up is just to help him, which is fine I guess, but I'm with Miguel on this, just get ready, stop going on about how personal things are etc...Just get ready, this will be a good fight and we will all watch with anticipation, no need to force some hate over a petty incident years ago for example.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
                It does seem that Martinez is trying to get some kind of emotion involved to help spur his efforts but to me it seems a bit of a waste of time. Like that whole thing with the handshake 'incident' he likes to mention...Whatever man, big deal, there are bigger things going on at the moment (like actually getting ready to fight Cotto) rather than try rallying some emotion behind being 'disrespected' by Miguel.

Pretty sure the animosity that Martinez tries to counjour up is just to help him, which is fine I guess, but I'm with Miguel on this, just get ready, stop going on about how personal things are etc...Just get ready, this will be a good fight and we will all watch with anticipation, no need to force some hate over a petty incident years ago for example.
                You just said Sergio probably does this for motivation, but then you're telling him to stop trying to motivate himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                  If Sergio is going to be trolling and acting like a 7 grade girl then he better be ready because King Cotto will bring pain.

Cant wait for this fight! War Cotto!
                  Hopefully Cotto doesn't act like a 7th grade girl after the fight and walk out without giving a post fight interview after Martinez beats his undersized ass. Cotto seems classy overall but that was a smh moment for me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    You just said Sergio probably does this for motivation, but then you're telling him to stop trying to motivate himself?
                    No I don't mean that my man, I think every fighter has their own little ways of motivating themselves which is cool, I just mean he should stop being concerned with little things. If disliking Cotto is his motivation then fine but leave it at that and get ready. Wasting time looking for little incidents to drag up some emotion seems kind of stupid to me, but if thats what gets him in the mind set to fight someone then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                    X