No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Rigondeaux Short Training Footage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait for this fight!

I wonder why Rigondeaux always wears a tracksuit under his boxing shorts when he trains instead of wearing one or the other

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
      Lol I know right? I keep looking and I can't tell, seriously.
      (Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not)

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Are you serious? I thought you were joking. lol That's "El Cepillo."

Comment

Looks like Rigo was training to counter off of Donaire's left hook. Will be interesting to see if he can put it into practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
          Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

Lol I know right? I keep looking and I can't tell, seriously.
          (Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not)

Are you serious? I thought you were joking. lol That's "El Cepillo."
          I was serious. Idk if its cause I'm on my phone or not but I couldn't tell. I also didn't think it was him cause I was like "wtf is he doing there?"

Idk I guess I expected him to be on the streets smoking some weed or something and not in a gym actually hitting a bag. Even if it was just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Both these guys know they're in with a major talent. They're both training their asses off. Word is that Donaire is training harder for this fight than any other in his career.

Nonito is not the most accurate puncher. I've seen him miss a lot against fighters that don't have nearly the skill, speed and talent that Rigo possesses. I've also seen Donaire get tagged quite frequently by counterpunches from those same fighters. Of course, there are other variables to be considered, but those two aspects make it clear that this will not be a walk in the park for the "Flash."
            Donaire is very accurate, he knocked down Vazquez, Mathebula, Nishikoa and Arce all with shots right on the button.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo89 View Post
              Donaire is very accurate, he knocked down Vazquez, Mathebula, Nishikoa and Arce all with shots right on the button.
              No he's not. Rigo is. Certainly, the shots that took down those fighters landed perfectly, but that's not what accuracy means. Accuracy means that you land a high percentage of the punches you throw. Nonito misses with many of the punches he throws. When he connects perfectly, he tends to KO people, or at least knock them down.

Comment

I was serious. Idk if its cause I'm on my phone or not but I couldn't tell. I also didn't think it was him cause I was like "wtf is he doing there?"

Idk I guess I expected him to be on the streets smoking some weed or something and not in a gym actually hitting a bag. Even if it was just for fun.

Okay, now it makes sense. lol It might be tough to tell that's Casamayor on a tiny image on your phone.

It's nice to see Joel helping out a fellow Cuban...a fellow Olympic champion, to boot. It's also nice to see "El Cepillo" staying close to the sport, not smoking weed on some street corner. lol

Comment

He might not be smoking weed on a corner but I'm willing to bet he's still smoking it tho.

Comment

He might not be smoking weed on a corner but I'm willing to bet he's still smoking it tho.

lmao Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

lmao Agreed.
                      I don't blame him. He looks chubby too so yea, it was kinda hard to tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X