Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if GGG knocks Lara out, people will only say Angulo floored him and Canelo beat him etc. etc.

You should know that Larryxxx... being a Floyd fan, you should know that no matter who he beats, people will always find a way to diminish the win. GGG is in that same situation now.

Either way, i'd like to see the fight. I'd understand if someone like Saunders was priority though as it's a unification, or someone like Jacobs. But if they or Canelo are not going fight, then he should fight Lara, he's better than the the rest of middleweight contenders that GGG would have to fight if the others won't fight him.

Comment

• honestly, i'll buy the PPV. gotta take what you can get. golovkin's goign to start to slide soon -[and you bet yuor ass that canelo's team are waiting for it with bated breath.]

but don't complain when yuo need to pay 60 for this fight. lara is rumored to be looking for 3 million! that's almost topping out the budget for a single fight on regular HBO on its own.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Even if GGG knocks Lara out, people will only say Angulo floored him and Canelo beat him etc. etc.

You should know that Larryxxx... being a Floyd fan, you should know that no matter who he beats, people will always find a way to diminish the win. GGG is in that same situation now.

Either way, i'd like to see the fight. I'd understand if someone like Saunders was priority though as it's a unification, or someone like Jacobs. But if they or Canelo are not going fight, then he should fight Lara, he's better than the the rest of middleweight contenders that GGG would have to fight if the others won't fight him.

the exact people who said golovkin ducked lara will call it a mismatch. the exact same people. they wear little money team hats, and have converted from floyd mayweather fanboys to golovkin detractors . nobody is fooled

Comment

• I think GGG v Jacobs or Lara would be good fights in September if the Canelo fight doesn't get made. Neither should be a PPV, but most likely will be.

Comment

• and larry, if you're legit "begging for a fight," you don't do it from a weight class below.

lara's people can take the easiest step to getting a shot at the best MW on the planet, which is campaign at MW, but they haven't.

golovkin nearly has a monopoly on the little colored belts that people care about. if you can beat guys ranked for that belt you should earn a "mandatory" in a year. have at it. if you really want to force a fight with golovkin, that's what you do. you don't call him out and then campaign at 154. it's not all that different from canelo calling him out without budging from 155.

"we dion't **** around!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Small very small chance Eubank but I seriously doubt Hearn would make that fight any time soon.
              Why not? Hearn only has Eubank on a 2 fight contract. He'll want to make some money on him. Eubank's first fight of the contract is already signed and against a domestic level fighter on an undercard. It wouldn't surprise me if Hearn was willing to make it. Eubank could be away from Hearn in 2 fights time, they don't seem to stay anywhere too long. If the fight got made, it would make money and even if Eubank got smashed, Hearn wouldn't have the job of rebuilding him as the contract would be done.

I think Hearn did say they have first options on a 3rd fight once the contract is done though, which i guess probably depends on if he can deliver that fight or another big fight for Eubank. So there's a possibility it happens early next year. The Eubank's have said if Hearn can deliver it, they'll stay with him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hearn did try to make it this year though, as i say, he'll know as well as anybody it might be worth trying to make as much as possible out of Eubank because they seem to move on quite quickly. It seems they don't want to be tied to anybody long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I think GGG v Jacobs or Lara would be good fights in September if the Canelo fight doesn't get made. Neither should be a PPV, but most likely will be.

they will have to be, especially if lara is serious about wanting three million dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  they will have to be, especially if lara is serious about wanting three million dollars.
                  SHouldn't be an issue-thats the money K2 offered to BJS right?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

golovkin nearly has a monopoly on the little colored belts that people care about. if you can beat guys ranked for that belt you should earn a "mandatory" in a year. have at it. if you really want to force a fight with golovkin, that's what you do. you don't call him out and then campaign at 154. it's not all that different from canelo calling him out without budging from 155.
                    Yeah, i don't usually agree with Billy Joe Saunders much but he was talking about the Eubank's shouting about fighting GGG. Well he was right in saying they could have had their chance, all they had to do was fight and beat Jacobs when they were actually mandatory for Jacobs' WBA belt. The fight could have been made easily and if they win that, they were mandatory for GGG. It was all laid out for them and then they went back to domestic level to fight for a British title and then started shouting about GGG again.

It's ridiculous. Especially having it all on a plate and the stepping back down while still talking about it.

A lot of fighters today do that thing people do "hold me back, hold me back" while standing behind people and knowing the fight is not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      SHouldn't be an issue-thats the money K2 offered to BJS right?
                      Yeah but BJS would be a unification fight. Also didn't they only offer Saunders about $1m?

Why would it be $3m when Golovkin doesn't even earn that? He got $2m in his last fight.

Realistically you're not going to get $3m or more against GGG unless you're somebody like Canelo or you're bringing a lot of money to the table, Lara doesn't at all. He would be lucky to get $1.5m. He's basically unknown outside of some bed-wetting boxing fans on forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X