Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    larry "history" X.

sure you do, kid.
    Kid?? dude im a 32 year old man, so please kill that noise..ya'll kill me, you have your black and white avy's or sigs and think ya'll are more knowledgable then everyone else..i aint no damn noob i been watching this sport...my point is SHOW ME HOW GREAT HE IS POST FOOTAGE..GO DIG IN YOUR HUGE OLD ASS LIBRARY AND POST SOME FOOTAGE SINCE WHAT I POSTED WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. you took it to the next level acting like you are some historian..well back it up

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I usually rate greb in the top 10, somewhere around 6 or 7,, him and langford i switch back in forth...

1. SRR
      2. ALi
      3. Armstrong
      4. SRL
      5. Ezzard
      6. Greb
      7. Langford
      8. Louis
      9. Duran
      10. Pernell
      SRL at number 4? Way to high imo. Good list other than that

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Kid?? dude im a 32 year old man, so please kill that noise..ya'll kill me, you have your black and white avy's or sigs and think ya'll are more knowledgable then everyone else..i aint no damn noob i been watching this sport...my point is SHOW ME HOW GREAT HE IS POST FOOTAGE..GO DIG IN YOUR HUGE OLD ASS LIBRARY AND POST SOME FOOTAGE SINCE WHAT I POSTED WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. you took it to the next level acting like you are some historian..well back it up

i have to post footage of harry greb to prove that i'm knowledgable about the history of boxing?

by those criteria, nobody is knowledgable about boxing.
        that's how a child argues, kid.

i forgot more about the history of boxing in the last 5 years than you will ever know.

lets see your knowledge in the history section. i've been there for years, and i don't recall you posting there once. if you have knowledge of history, that's where you discuss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljc View Post

pernell whitaker is also nowhere near the top 10 all time.

Comment

Comment

i have to post footage of harry greb to prove that i'm knowledgable about the history of boxing?

by those criteria, nobody is knowledgable about boxing.
              that's how a child argues, kid.

i forgot more about the history of boxing in the last 5 years than you will ever know.

lets see your knowledge in the history section. i've been there for years, and i don't recall you posting there once. if you have knowledge of history, that's where you discuss it.
              Go ahead and ride off on that high horse,enjoy your day

Comment

True......

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Go ahead and ride off on that high horse,enjoy your day

go ahead and keep acting like you knew who jack o'brien was, or that greb was "sparring" with a retired man in his 40's.

get back to the floyd threads, kid. you talk about knowledge, and the confidence that comes with that knowledge, like is a bad thing. that rhetoric is comforting to people who don't know what the f#Ck they're talking about.

Comment

SRL has wins over prime ATGs duran, benitez, hagler, and ended the reign of hagler,,,,
                    Short career but did more than other guys can only imagine and was a true warrior.
                    His win over hearns is arguably the greatest welter defense of all time

Yes he is near, the guy was amazing, fought everyone, and was virtually unbeatable in his prime in a very deep era.. p4p he is one of the greatest ever, and h2h he would school alot of great fighters.. hell a cracked out old pernell nearly beat a prime oscar

Pernell is one of the best to ever lace them up IMO

I dont mind if you dont think top 10, but he is certainly a lock for top 20

True......
                    False

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      SRL has wins over prime ATGs duran, benitez, hagler, and ended the reign of hagler,,,,
                      Short career but did more than other guys can only imagine and was a true warrior.
                      His win over hearns is arguably the greatest welter defense of all time

Yes he is near, the guy was amazing, fought everyone, and was virtually unbeatable in his prime in a very deep era.. p4p he is one of the greatest ever, and h2h he would school alot of great fighters.. hell a cracked out old pernell nearly beat a prime oscar

Pernell is one of the best to ever lace them up IMO

I dont mind if you dont think top 10, but he is certainly a lock for top 20

False
                      i don't have a ton of issues with the top 25-50 but 10 is way, way too high.

hagler also was definitely past his prime when leonard fought him. it's an odd case, because leonard himself was so far gone and coming off of a layoff, but that's doesn't mean we credit him for a prime hagler when hagler clearly wasn't still prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X