Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    100% agree.

Right now at least...

Canelo is still developing and he's simply not ready for Manny or Floyd, but once he starts hitting his peak I predict Floyd will either avoid him or fall if they ever fight.
    Why is Pacquiao even in the discussion? Canelo has not been calling him out, and Pac hasn't said anything about him either.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      tbh i think canelo's power is a bit overrated. only reason he seems to have a lot of power is because the majority of the guys he's fought have been naturally smaller than him and/or way past their prime.
      People that think Canelo has more power than Manny are idiots. But I do think since Floyd will never fight Manny this kid once he's ready will have too much power for Floyd. Of course that's assuming he doesn't avoid a drug test, a 300 ft ring, 48 ounce gloves, 5% of the purse and whatever other "fair" demands team mayweather make.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Why is Pacquiao even in the discussion? Canelo has not been calling him out, and Pac hasn't said anything about him either.
        I mentioned Manny because he and Floyd are the elites at around Canelo's weight. It was just an example of the upper level of fighters.

Comment

Floyd couldn't handle Canelo's power if they ever fight. Right now I feel Saul is too green for the most elite like Manny and Floyd but I see Manny being able to do better simply because he has an ATG chin while Floyd has a decent chin but retreats into his shell when hurt. Canelo might be the strongest 154 lbs'er in the world right now. Floyd right now probably wins a decision because he's a very good tactical fighter and would build enough points to decision this kid but like i said Canelo is not ready. Maybe in a year or 2 they will fight. Floyd has taken so many breaks he's a young 35 in ring years so I don't see wear and tear being a problem. It would be a good fight and might even cement Floyd's legacy since he won't fight Manny. Every legend has faced serious adversity and proved where they belong maybe Floyd can do that. Who knows?
          mayweather ill fight pac eventually unless his obvious usual plan of waiting until someone else beats him convincingly works. Which even if it does people would prob still want to see it.

Comment

lol

Power doesn mean anything if you cant land punches

Comment

Sooo...Matthew Hatton, Lovemore Ndou and a shot Mosley can go the distance with Canelo but Floyd cant

Comment

His best chance is to lure Canelo now when he's still raw. If Floyd waits a year to pick him he will be in for some punishment as the kid keeps improving.
                Floyd won't pick him in a year. He is obviously doing his usual "when the going gets tough, the tough go into retirement" thing right now

Comment

Look at how crap NSB has gotten since all the Pacroaches crawled out from underneath their rocks and down to the netcafes over the last week or so.

Comment

that animation is hilarious wow mayweather the man tho

Comment

People that think Canelo has more power than Manny are idiots. But I do think since Floyd will never fight Manny this kid once he's ready will have too much power for Floyd. Of course that's assuming he doesn't avoid a drug test, a 300 ft ring, 48 ounce gloves, 5% of the purse and whatever other "fair" demands team mayweather make.
                      you forgot also that Floyd needs all of PPV earnings as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X