No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Talk Italian ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Terrific fighter, absolutely! Ranks with guys like Whitaker as far as having all-time best defense

Poet
    I'd say the only thing that prevented him becoming a God, was his world championship resume.. He was the best in Europe by a sweet country mile for far too long in my opinion, and didn't enter the world stage until late on in his career..
    What's amazing, is even though he was considerably past prime, he was able to get the better of Carlos Ortiz over 3 fights & had a 1-1-1 trilogy with the much fresher Eddie Perkins.. To cap it all Loi actually retired as champ after beating Perkins..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Damiani was at times quite cruely underrated.. Apart from 2 broken noses by virtue of Mercer & McCall respectively, he had a fairly good career..
      Had a bit of a John McDermott physique, kind of pudgy and short armed.. Limitations I thought he made good use of.. His ring generalmanship was excellent, and so was his handspeed.. Thoroughly beat the hard punching Johnny Du Plooey in South Africa to win the WBO title, I think it was via 5th rnd KO.. Went on to lose it to Mercer (big left uppercut in the 9th).. I believe he lost only to McCall after that when Oliver was on the way up and Damiani was past prime..
      Damiani also beat Greg Page. On points.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
        Damiani also beat Greg Page. On points.
        He did to, but not the best version of Page..
        I've always felt bad about the way Page's career ended.. Real shame..

Comment

He did to, but not the best version of Page..
          I've always felt bad about the way Page's career ended.. Real shame..
          He "overstepped" himself seriously. He shoulda hanged up the gloves way before.

Comment

Vincenzo Nardielo ...what a poor world champion he was lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
              Vincenzo Nardielo ...what a poor world champion he was lol
              Lol... Peculiar kind of bloke wasn't he? Remember him slipping and sliding all over the place against Benn.. He must of fell over about 10 times in one of the earlier rounds.. It was like he'd been on the piss, with that stupid look of fear on his face that actually looked like he was laughing lol.. Once he ran out of ways to fall over, he started crying and whinging to the Ref every time Benn sploshed him! Funny funny guy!

Comment

Lol... Peculiar kind of bloke wasn't he? Remember him slipping and sliding all over the place against Benn.. He must of fell over about 10 times in one of the earlier rounds.. It was like he'd been on the piss, with that stupid look of fear on his face that actually looked like he was laughing lol.. Once he ran out of ways to fall over, he started crying and whinging to the Ref every time Benn sploshed him! Funny funny guy!
                That was funny yeh lol
                Henry Wharton flattend him...and i think hes the only man to ever have put Wharton ...Henry got up and KOed him though...in fact they didnt have a bad old fight

Comment

That was funny yeh lol
                  Henry Wharton flattend him...and i think hes the only man to ever have put Wharton ...Henry got up and KOed him though...in fact they didnt have a bad old fight
                  He got done by Reed & Woodhall after that to..

Comment

He got done by Reed & Woodhall after that to..
                    When Nardeilo fought Benn he had ICE shaved in to the back of his head lol

Comment

When Nardeilo fought Benn he had ICE shaved in to the back of his head lol
                      Should have been ICED lol..

He'd definately be up there, if a list of poorest world champs..
                      In fact that's inspired a new thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X