No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez Edges Herrera For Title, Outcome Disputed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez Edges Herrera For Title, Outcome Disputed

The concern heading into the HBO-televised opener was that Mauricio Herrera was too much for Jose Benavidez Jr. at this stage of the young boxer's career. For the second time this year, however, the veteran boxer proved no match for the ringside judges.

An interim title reign comes to a bitter end for Herrera, who landed on the business end of yet another widely controversial decision as Benavidez escapes with the win and a 140 lb. title Saturday evening at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Scores were 116-112 (twice) and an eye-opening 117-111 card from Dave 'Not Carl' Moretti. [Click Here To Read More]

I wanna see Garcia and Benavidez...and the winner of that fight GIVE HERRERA A FUKING REMATCH!!!! He deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Herrera got robbed biggggggg

Comment

that was a straight robbery. Oscar should throw Matthyssee in with Benavidez to teach him a lesson.

Comment

Another boxing travesty

Comment

Herrera, Glenn Johnson and Ike Quartey had all in common.

Comment

I wasn't surprised AT ALL that Herrera didn't get the decision. I told my dad and bro that there was no way the judges will agree with Lederman's scorecard. Benavidez didn't impress me, he has a lot to work on.

Comment

I suppose benividez jr belongs to Bob..the title? The judges? Top Rank wriiten all over it...

Comment

Thatll teach you to put a title on the line against a Top Rank fighter.Ask simpewa vetyeka about that
                  Id like you to meet Bob Arum!
                  Last edited by wlliam; 12-14-2014, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Herrera is STILL the uncrowned champ of the division. This man gets robbed more than banks, it's absolutely disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                    X