Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we supposed to refer to "black people" as?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cuz, dawg, peeps n folks work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      I don't "ask" to be called anything other than my name if proper introductions have been made. If not, then I prefer to be labeled as a Black-American, or American simple as that, hell I even find Black Man to be an acceptable term.

There is nothing submissive in the least bit in wanting to be labeled as a Black-American, as that is indeed my heritage(Ancestry.Com doesn't work for all of us Americans). I completely embrace what heritage I have and I am extremely proud of the fact that I am a Black-American/'Murican, and wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world and have no problem letting it be known to the world as I love by Black-American heritage.

But on the real Kev I don't give not a one, single, solitary, shietin ass, **** what "You like to hear" in regards to this subject: One, because you don't have any right what so ever to tell me as a Black-American Man what I "should" prefer to be addressed as preceding a proper introduction. Two: Because you came off extremely condescending/prickish on a subject that you will never be directly effected by due to the color of your skin and "your" heritage.

Now I agree with you in regards to every citizen is an American, and has every right to want to be addressed as such as America belongs to us all, but that's where my agreement with the post quoted above ends. IMHO as an American you have the God given right to differentiate yourself in any which way you deem necessary, especially in regards to ethnicity due to America being the proverbial "Melting Pot" of the world.

Next time try not to come off as such a d1ck when you respond to someone Kev. It doesn't look good on you, you're better than that as a poster and a person.
      God doesn't exist. And yeah you love being the color Black and American I get that, I love being a Tanned Dominican too, but you also are okay with the label that was created for you "Black" and "African American", and you and I both know your ancestors did not create that title for your people. It was a way to segregate.

Not sure why you got offended. I had this conversation with "black" coworkers at work while on break (we talk about a lot of **** like this) and they were in complete agreement, and not one person got offended. Maybe you took it the wrong way or are a little too sensitive to this subject.

Comment

at
        the label that was created for you "black".

Not sure why you got offended. I had this conversation with "black" coworkers at work while on break (we talk about a lot of **** like this) and they were in complete agreement, and not one person got offended. Maybe you took it the wrong way or are a little too sensitive to this subject.
        Extraordinary.

Comment

"brotha" and "sista"?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
            "brotha" and "sista"?
            lol that sounds offensive.....

Comment

Oh boy. Here we go.....

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                You should ask to be called American. This land is yours just as much as the perceived "normal" Americans. Normal as in no "color" label is needed for them, because they 'own' the place, it's 'their' land, because they "purchased" it from Natives, so they get to label you anything they want and you accept it. Being okay with Black/African-American seems a bit submissive. You're black, okay, we can see that. No need to give you the "black" title. I don't know, it seems wrong but it came right from the horses mouth(you) and I am sure the majority of Americans(black) people are okay with that too, what do I know, i'm Hispanic and on the white skin color side. However, at my job, when I can't tell if a co-worker is Black(American) or a Black Hispanic who was raised in the U.S., I ask them, and if they are just Black, they refer to themselves as "American". That's what I like to hear. Don't come with that "Black" or "African American". Using the labels the white man gave you like the "N"-word (I know you are against it) "African American", "Black" to refer to yourselves and to each other. They should nationally abolish AA/Black to refer to brown skinned Americans, make it official. Just consider every citizen an American.

Imagine non-white skinned Asians were broken down into Brown-Asians.
                Such a soft kid

Comment

What are we supposed to refer to "black people" as?

FL0MOS?

Comment

Working...
                  X