Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PR Prospects are being lead by the blind..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Prospects are being lead by the blind..

What the hell is wrong with the PR promoters?
    They are leading good prospects down the wrong paths. Putting prospects in against fighters with twice as many fights and twice as many KOs. These veterans are seasoned fighters with serious grit.

They need to stop throwing them to the wolves before they gain the necessary experience, confidence, and ring savvy needed to go to the next level.

PR promoters need to take a page from Bob Arum and Chavez Jr. or Sr. for that matter. Most of the top fighters today don't take a serious threat until they well past 20-25 fights...and a few like Chavez JR wait until after 30 fights. PR prospects are put in with threats at 10-15 fights experience WTH?

Dulorme, both Jonathan Gonzales, Orlando De valle and Im sure I missed a few more..

I agree 100%! They need to protect those guys and DEVELOP them. They are breaking them.

I sure hope that they continue to develop Verdejo the right way!!! WTH!

Comment

Personally, I think it's a combination of this and not having good fundamental boxing skills. There's a lack of good coaches on the island, that's not a secret.

Comment

If this happens though then this forum will be filled with even more people refering to boxers as BUMS fighting BUMS, asif we need anymore of that.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309
          If this happens though then this forum will be filled with even more people refering to boxers as BUMS fighting BUMS, asif we need anymore of that.
          This could be said when a fighter is already developed and been fighting for a while. Like Gary Russell Jr for example. But you can't say the same for someone like Gonzalez. These prospects need to step up gradually. Not go from fighting D fighters to B fighters. Especially Mexican fighters... They're tough as fk.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            This could be said when a fighter is already developed and been fighting for a while. Like Gary Russell Jr for example. But you can't say the same for someone like Gonzalez. These prospects need to step up gradually. Not go from fighting D fighters to B fighters. Especially Mexican fighters... They're tough as fk.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            No, the OP is valid, I completely agree with everything he says. I just think people should lay off sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Personally, I think it's a combination of this and not having good fundamental boxing skills. There's a lack of good coaches on the island, that's not a secret.
              Its mostly promoters. Dulorme lacking good fundamental boxing skills?

Most of these fighters have very good fundamentals - hence "a good prospect".

Comment

Ricans just need to stay away from mexicans. They are getting slaughtered and its not even funny anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                  No, the OP is valid, I completely agree with everything he says. I just think people should lay off sometimes.
                  I believe the "couch boxers and analysts" should lay off any fighter before his first 20 fights....Then its fair to criticize if he goes on a bum of the month tour.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                    Ricans just need to stay away from mexicans. They are getting slaughtered and its not even funny anymore
                    Its obvious that this thread may be a little too deep for you...move on.

Or accept if they put Cotto in with a Mexican with 13 fights

Comment

Working...
                    X