No announcement yet.

What Is Canelo's Style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Canelo's Style?

Me and my friend were talking about this the other day. My friend considers him a boxer-puncher.

I don't call him a swarmer since his pressure isn't constant, and he hasn't shown an endless pool of stamina.

Considering him a boxer would be out of place. His jab isn't nice, and his feet aren't fleet.

He's not a brawler. They're too wild and tend to do dumb things. Canelo thinks in there.

I think he fits into the category of slugger since he relies greatly on his power, but he throws plenty of combinations. His finishing skills aren't elite.

He's a bruiser. He's got some good skills (against weak opposition) but ultimately he wins through being bigger and stronger than his opponents.

Until he fights guys his own size, who are actually good, you can't really point to one style. At the moment he's a big bruiser who beats up little guys.

Comment

Boxing isn't quite that simple. You can rarely pool one fighter into a brawler mold, or a slugger mold, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        His jab isn't nice, and his feet aren't fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post

Does Canelo have the fleet feet to be fleet footed like Ali?

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post
            Does Canelo have the fleet feet to be fleet footed like Ali?
            Fuck knows, I'ma gona invest me in a boat.

Comment

he is a boxer puncher

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                He's a bruiser. He's got some good skills (against weak opposition) but ultimately he wins through being bigger and stronger than his opponents.

Until he fights guys his own size, who are actually good, you can't really point to one style. At the moment he's a big bruiser who beats up little guys.

Comment

what about a ''spurt puncher'' ?

Comment

By the time he reaches his peak, he'll probably turn out to be a boxer/puncher. Right now though, he's just mowing through his (lackluster) opponents with his offensive ability.

Comment

Working...
                    X