Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zombies are slow and stupid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 Days Later is a good movie but I could have done without seeing the dudes c0ck at the start

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
      28 Days Later is a good movie but I could have done without seeing the dudes c0ck at the start
      I think they set the mood pretty well with that c0ck in the beginning.. I think they did it to show that you'll get ****ed whether you like it or not

My favorite zombie movie, except for the fact that they're the infected and not zombies.
      I found a pretty cool short film made to show another survivors struggle to live, parallel to the 28 weeks later storyline.

Just found the link for it:

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Good films but NOT ZOMBIE FILMS.
        They are infected, not dead.

Zombies are a plague. Killing or outrunning one is easy, but escape is impossible because our death is inescapable. And we become them.

Zombies are the embodiment of our fear of death. They reflect the inescapable horror of what we all become....the corpse. The end result of being human. A decaying mass of stinking flesh.
        Zombies are old age and disease creeping after us. Atrophied, rotting, suffering and grotesque versions of ourselves.

We age and slow down.We then waste away. And when near death, in agony.We are tormented by our own bodies. And thats why zombies are so effective. Because they are us. Not a person changing into an animal or immortal supernatural being. A zombie is just a reanimated human corpse.
        Its pathetic slowness is a result of rigor mortis and putrefying withered limbs. Just as our bodies will experience.

Another important aspect of the zombie is the fact it is mindless. Mental disease is the other great fear of humans. We place ourselves on a higher platform to other animal species because of our intelligence and theory of mind. No matter what situation we are in we can hope to find a solution, or even a comforting delusion. but with a zombie, there is no mind. It is thoughtless. Mechanical. Beyond reason, emotion, cure or salvation. It is without fear or desire. And does not eat us to survive. They consume us as death consumes us.

In some way all of the classic monsters speak to us on the level of metaphor. Werewolves represent man's struggle with his bestial nature, the conflict between civilisation and animalistic violence. Vampires invoke the addictive force we all feel pulling us towards the sensual and narcotic.

Zombies, as you say, paint our fears of death and of mindlessness, of the enemy among us and the fear that we will someday be consumed. And also the deliciousness of FRESH BRAINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
          Never got the zombie hype, seriously vampires are much better on every level.

If you can walk without falling over your alright against zombies

Vampires are camp and reek of ****sexuality, especially since Tom Cruise was one.

Zombies are the ultimate in sophistication and are there to be decimated. If you watch a zombie flick you are guaranteed to see raw violence.

What do vampires do? They suck some blood out of men's necks..........

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            In some way all of the classic monsters speak to us on the level of metaphor. Werewolves represent man's struggle with his bestial nature, the conflict between civilisation and animalistic violence. Vampires invoke the addictive force we all feel pulling us towards the sensual and narcotic.

Zombies, as you say, paint our fears of death and of mindlessness, of the enemy among us and the fear that we will someday be consumed. And also the deliciousness of FRESH BRAINS!
            I got really into the vampire thing back in the 90's. (not Buffy). 'The Addiction' was very interesting. It used vampires as a metaphor exploring whether humans are evil by nature. It has another great Christopher Walken cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              I got really into the vampire thing back in the 90's. (not Buffy). 'The Addiction' was very interesting. It used vampires as a metaphor exploring whether humans are evil by nature. It has another great Christopher Walken cameo.
              I will probably watch that then.

Comment

Agreed, you must a stupid mufukka to get caught by a zombie or obese.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X