No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rey Bautista Knocks Miguel Mendoza Out Six Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rey Bautista Knocks Miguel Mendoza Out Six Rounds

Hoops Dome, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines – Rey ‘Boom Boom” Bautista (32-2, 24KOs) stopped previously undefeated knockout hitter Miguel Angel Mendoza (17-1, 17KOs) in six rounds to retain his IBF International featherweight title. An early blaze of fire with Mendoza going down twice in the first. He came back to hurt Bautista in the following round, but the Filipino hung on and punished Mendoza in the third. A cut had opened up above Mendoza's left eye and got worse as the fight went along. In the sixth, a left hand put Mendoza down and this time he was counted out.

[Click Here To Read More]

congrats Bom-Bom for a hard-fought win over a formidable opponent!! Now on to a rematch with DPDL!!!nice fight BTW lots of action

Comment

Glad to see Rey getting his career back on track. GBP really screwed this kid by putting him in against an awful, but very strong and mature, Ponce De Leon at the tender age of 21. Now that he's a grown man, Rey can start think about a world championship.

Comment

Bautista likes to brawl so I don't think a rematch with DeLeon would be a good idea for Boom Boom. I don't see Bautista being very successful at the featherweight division. Defense and a suspect chin are weaknesses that I don't think he will turn around. But I'm glad to see him making a comeback.

I think Genesis Servania, a prospect that was in the co main event of this card has better potential than Boom Boom. He looks good at a young age of 20.
        Last edited by AdamantiumPI; 12-10-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
          Bautista likes to brawl so I don't think a rematch with DeLeon would be a good idea for Boom Boom. I don't see Bautista being very successful at the featherweight division. Defense and a suspect chin are weaknesses that I don't think he will turn around. But I'm glad to see him making a comeback.

I think Genesis Servania, a prospect that was in the co main event of this card has better potential than Boom Boom. He looks good at a young age of 20.
          He just knock a KO artist out so I think he's ready for a heavy puncher like De Leon. It's a good idea to test his improvement from his first defeat

Comment

Originally posted by plasterking View Post
            He just knock a KO artist out so I think he's ready for a heavy puncher like De Leon. It's a good idea to test his improvement from his first defeat
            that dude's combined opponents had a record of 20-19-3, and only two of those guys had ok records the rest where all bums including Mendoza himself........lol

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
              that dude's combined opponents had a record of 20-19-3, and only two of those guys had ok records the rest where all bums including Mendoza himself........lol
              I hope you know the definition of Bum. Mendoza has very nice record. Then you'll say Mendoza is fighting Bums. If we fought in the ring and knock you out, still I won't be given credit because I knock a Bum out

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
                another moronic steroid user gaving out his opinion.....Mendoza has a great record of 17-0-17Kos....what the **** u talking about??

Comment

shocked to hear it . boom boom has no chin, he should just forget about ponce, he just has his number (it happens) since he's in a poistion for a world championship. worry about avenging the loss later, try to win a title first.

Comment

Working...
                  X