Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Great Mystery- How many bought Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shockin when ppv numbers favor lord pacquiao the *******s are all over it but when they are against there god pac mosley they say it doesnt matter. which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      HBO even released the Maidana-Morales #'s and that was < 50k.

So its entirely possible and actually very likely that Ortiz-floyd did less than that.

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic.
      It makes no difference to me if it sold well or not but that was funny. If you werent trying to be funny and believe that nonsense you typed you might need to get your head checked. Its getting easier by the day to see the posters not to take seriously and i think you are one of them, you are embarassing yourself, stop.

Comment

As much as I don't really care about ppv numbers, nowadays they play a big part in fights being made... because it helps determine how much moolah is distributed/cut between the fighters... and that is a huge factor in a pac/may fight compared to all other problems. I think either men would roll over if they right number came to them

Comment

Originally posted by dosepulgada View Post
          Just want to orient Floydiots about the statistics...

Who has the better numbers?

Summary of PPVs since 2005 (per Year)

Pacquiao:
          2005 - 350,000
          2006 - 710,000++
          2007 - 550,000
          2008 - 1.90 M
          2009 - 2.10 M
          2010 - 1.85 M
          2011 - far better numbers than Floyd

May:
          2005 - 340,000
          2006 - 670,000
          2007 - 3.34 M
          2009 - 1.05 M
          2010 - 1.40 M
          2011 - far worse than Manny

Conclusion:

1. In the last SIX YEARS, Pac's PPV is better than Floyd except in 2007 when May fought Hatton and ODLH in the same year.

2. Even without the Larios fight, PPV Numbers of Floyd was surpassed by Manny Pacquiao since November 2010.

3. This year, it is safe to say that PPV lead of Pacquiao may reach between 1M-2M depending on the outcome of the JMM fight.

4. Manny can reach 10M ppv buys this year since 2005. I think he can be placed at #4 all-time in PPV buys. But please inform me if Im wrong (in #4). If this is true, he only needs roughly less than 3 million PPV fights so he can surpass Tyson or Holyfield (12.4-12.6M) in the All-time list. If he still has 3 fights left, then he needs to reach at least 950K PPVs per fight on the average. Not mentioning the Mayweather fight which can easily push him up as the undisputed PPV King All-time.

Note: my numbers aren't too accurate because it has been since 2005 only.

Data Sources:
          http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-an...tory-hard-data
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay-per-view

speaking the truth green k

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
            "motivation? this was my motivation.. *flashes money*" SMH..

seriously, that was a good joke but tasteless for the soldiers who are putting their life on the line on the frontlines.

they want to talk to him and yet he just proceed on showing them his possessions..
            Mayweather always acts like an idiot about money for whatever reason but he should have shown more respect to the soldiers for sure. Im sure they wanted to hear about the fight and boxing related talk not a tour of his mansion and his stacks of money. That didnt stop me from buying his fight but he did come off like a clown for that.

Comment

Working...
            X