No announcement yet.

Haye pleads with wlad to cancel the chsiora fight and sign to fight him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye pleads with wlad to cancel the chsiora fight and sign to fight him

David Haye has admitted a fight with Wladimir Klitschko is now unlikely ever to happen as he turned his sights on mandatory challenger Ruslan Chagaev.

With Klitschko agreeing to re-arrange his fight with England's Dereck Chisora for April 30, WBA heavyweight champion Haye must now make the third defence of his title against the German-based Uzbek Chagaev.

Klitschko says July 2 has been set aside for him to face Haye, but with the Brit taking on Chagaev some time in May, the mid-summer date appears unrealistic.

Haye believes the stars were aligned for him to finally meet the IBF and WBO champion in the ring this year, but Klitschko didn't want the fight.
    Puzzle

"Fight fans just want to see the best against the best - if only it was that simple," Haye said.

"Very rarely in boxing do you get a situation where you have all the pieces of the puzzle, all the politics have been smoothed over.

"Then all of sudden he announces he is fighting Chisora, knowing I have to then fight Chagaev.

"To then fight me after is impossible - it is a shame he has now shown his true colours.

"What is wrong with now? Nothing. It does not make sense, especially after all the public campaign to get me in the ring. This would be a once in a life-time fight.

"Once I retire, people will always ask him 'why did you not fight David Haye?' and he will have to live with that. If it does not happen now, it never will.

"Hopefully he is getting some serious stick, will read what the world is saying about him and think 'okay maybe I will just cancel this fight and do the fight everyone wants to see'.

"It is pretty sad but shows the mindset of Wladimir Klitschko and why he will go down in history as a heavyweight who just fought the worst possible people out there."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...642602,00.html
    **** sake wlad just ****ing man up, YOU CALLED HAYE out and got your terms and now take the bloody fight

It's obvious he's playing mind games.

Comment

this is puzzling, i dont understand what the issue is..why not fight now??

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        **** sake wlad just ****ing man up, YOU CALLED HAYE out and got your terms and now take the bloody fight
        Whats the problem? He is taking the fight, on July 2nd, there is no other date available for Sky. Wladimir is going to fight Chisora before, but that shouldnt be a problem, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Whats the problem? He is taking the fight, on July 2nd, there is no other date available for Sky. Wladimir is going to fight Chisora before, but that shouldnt be a problem, is it?
          of course it is, did you read the article?

wba will force haye to fight as a contract cant be signed until after the chisora fight, also wlad has arranged a fight in sept, so he wont have 3 fights in 16 weeks

Comment

Hayes the man

Comment

I really hope wlad is just building up the fight. I hope he makes a pres confrence in a couple of days saying he will fight Haye instead of Chisora. How cool would that be

Comment

Wlad is ducking.

Comment

wlad knows hes getting sparked

that chin will get tagged and he will go down

wlad will stay away and get his brother vit to fight haye

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    of course it is, did you read the article?

wba will force haye to fight as a contract cant be signed until after the chisora fight, also wlad has arranged a fight in sept, so he wont have 3 fights in 16 weeks
                    He'll never fight Chagaev regardless. Ruslan won't be cleared to fight in England because of Hepatitis B, and Haye won't defend his title in Germany.

The WBA are not (although most of the time they are) complete idiots, they know which fight has more money in it and thus huge sanctioning fees for their organization. They'd gladly let Haye off the hook with his mandatory, and wait till the Klitcko fight in July to collect their paycheck.

Comment

Working...
                    X