Roy Jones's downfall another side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
    tyson wasn't drained, at all
    Tyson used to balloon up in weight between fights, most of his family were obese
    I think it was covered in a book called Bad Intentions: The Mike Tyson Story by Peter Heller. But I will say that after he left Rooney the writing was on the wall that Bruno fight was a sign of things to come. I personally wished he had lost to Bruno instead of Mr Buster 'Burger King' Douglas

ps: If changed my mind I think the end was near after Cus Damato and Jim Jacos died, thats when he really slacked in his training. As for his corner in the Buster Douglas fight they were just shocking," go and get him Mike" was their advice, while using a condom filled with water as an endswell,lol
    Last edited by General Zod; 01-31-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

you gullible bastard

anyway, here's somethin for you

Comment

Originally posted by Afrosamurai View Post
        I agree
        p.s-Benny the Jet was the manI first saw him in 'Meals on Wheels'
        benny the jet is the man

Comment

you gullible bastard
          youre an idiot
          Last edited by General Zod; 01-31-2010, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
            benny the jet is the man
            Ive seen "Wheels on Meals" and "Dragons Forever" and all his fights which have been posted on Youtube. He was a great fighter in his day

Comment

Youre an idiot
              i didn't even mean that in a bad way, your too sensitive

and dont go callin me an idiot when you believe mike tyson was weight drained against douglas

most fighters gain more weight between fights, it's not always blowing up like ricky hatton or james toney tho

if you actually believe that your the idiot

tarver is about 200 pounds when not fighting
              jones is about 190
              i wouldn't be suprised if tyson went to 230 or some****

doesn't mean ****, it's just soft muscle and fat
              we can use the he was weight drained excuse for everyone if that's the case, cuz just about every boxer "blows up"

it's a differrent story when you actually work to get up to that weight and have to come down

Comment

Ive seen "Wheels on Meals" and "Dragons Forever" and all his fights which have been posted on Youtube. He was a great fighter in his day
                living legand,his fights with jackie chan are some of the best ive ever seen

Comment

How was I supposed to know you were joking?
                  Last edited by General Zod; 01-31-2010, 09:34 AM.

Comment

and dont go callin me an idiot when you believe mike tyson was weight drained against douglas

most fighters gain more weight between fights, it's not always blowing up like ricky hatton or james toney tho

if you actually believe that your the idiot

tarver is about 200 pounds when not fighting
                    jones is about 190
                    i wouldn't be suprised if tyson went to 230 or some****

doesn't mean ****, it's just soft muscle and fat
                    we can use the he was weight drained excuse for everyone if that's the case, cuz just about every boxer "blows up"
                    A fighter is drained depending on how he loses weight, If he does it wrong then he will be drained or if he tries to make a weight that he has no business at then he will be drained, but if he does it correctly then he will should be alright. Starving yourself down etc is just asking for trouble

it's a differrent story when you actually work to get up to that weight and have to come down
                    Says who, you? Do you know how many fighters have worked there way up and then come down with no ill effect? Hearns, Leonard and even Toney spring to mind.
                    Using figures from Boxrec:
                    Hearns: Fought Dewitt at MW then fought Andries at LHW then dropped down to fighting Roldan at MW. He also fought Uriah Grant at CW before dropping down to fight John Long at LHW.

Using fight night weights from HBO:
                    Jones: was 199 against Ruiz and went down to 185 against Tarver I. He was 180 against Tarver II and back up to 187 against Tarver III he later on would drop down to 170 to fight Trinidad so im assuming come fight night he was around 182.
                    If dropping weight hurt him so much, then why did he do it so much?
                    Last edited by General Zod; 01-31-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
                      living legand,his fights with jackie chan are some of the best ive ever seen
                      His on Facebook along with a lot of other famous people, Jackie said during the making of Wheels on Meals that he wanted to fight Benny afterwards for real, after filming Jackie said he was only kidding, lol. There was a rumour they were going to have one more fight and make it a trilogy of fights but it never came about.

Comment

Working...
                      X