No announcement yet.

Why was Marquez-Pacquiao II so close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
    last hero? you do know how mexico, usa, and europe is the strong hold of boxing right? there will always be a mexican hero. you never see mexican fans trip when a fighter looses because they come and leave by the year. flips are **** scared of pacquiao loosing...i wonder why?

they will all go back to rooting for black guys in the nba once pacquiao retires.
    anyone who watches the nba is rooting for a black guy.

Comment

you know who is the most vested in pacquiao winning next to pac nuthuggers?

marquez fans.

the only time people talk about juan manuel marquez is when people are talking about manny pacquiao.

true story.

Comment

Originally posted by ummid View Post
        his corner just ran out of water/towels/vaseline so he wanted to ask pac's corner if they have some spare.
        No ****...I didn't think of that. Maybe you are right, that's why they had to use a cotton or cloth to stop Marquez cut from bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
          weight drained is bull****..the first fight was a draw was he drained then??the fight was close because it was between 2 prime atg fighters...jmm is pacmans frazier..they can fight 100 times and imo it will always be close...jmm is tough and you aint gonna ko him and since pacman is a come foward aggresive fighter jmm counter punching style will always be effective
          Ok freddy... haha

Comment

Originally posted by ummid View Post
            something like this:
            hahaha, good idea but i will pass. that is soo corny. this reminds me of the other day a foreing friend invited me over for dinner, when i got there i asked "whats for dinner?" they said "puppies" i said "fuck that ill pass" some times you just have to pass on corny paints and corny/disgusting food.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              klitschkos have a better resume.
              I believe Mexicans and many other boxing fans don't give a **** about his record just like Pac with his lossess, it's about how he performs when it's time. JMM puts the War in warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                hahaha, good idea but i will pass. that is soo corny. this reminds me of the other day a foreing friend invited me over for dinner, when i got there i asked "whats for dinner?" they said "puppies" i said "fuck that ill pass" some times you just have to pass on corny paints and corny/disgusting food.
                I commend you for not falling for the racial baiting.

**** was uncalled for.....You can't be a Pac fan !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  you know who is the most vested in pacquiao winning next to pac nuthuggers?

marquez fans.

the only time people talk about juan manuel marquez is when people are talking about manny pacquiao.

true story.
                  Not far from the American truth

Comment

Both are big factors...

Comment

Originally posted by Puntoyhauf View Post
                      Because based on your given poll choices you just want us to say that it's because of JMM's skills.

Why do you have to say he's weight drained, Pacquiao struggled a bit to make the weight but he is not weight drained.

And yes, JMM is a very skilled boxer... too bad he kinda always kiss the canvas.
                      He didn't struggle at all. He made weight first time on the scales. Being weight drained also makes you fight sluggish, lose stamina very quickly, punch weaker, slower etc etc. Pacquiao looked better that night than any other previously. Marquez fought very well too, so it was a close fight.

He fought as hard in the championship rounds as he did in the first few rounds. That is not what someone does when they're weight drained.

Anyway, he made weight fine, fought better than ever but fought someone who was as good as him and made him struggle but because he has gone on to beat Hatton and Cotto while Marquez got beat by Mayweather people suddenly think he had to be weight drained? Give me a break. If he was so weight drained the second time, why didn't he do any better the first time around, apart from the first round?

If they fought today at any weight Pac would win convincingly, not because he's gotten so much better but because Marquez has gotten worse. He's much older, slower, easier to hit and getting too small for the weight divisions he is fighting in. Pac is still at his peak and Marquez has now well and truly passed his.

Marquez would always give Pac problems exactly the same way every single time they fought. They are both 50/50 and this weight drained BS is exactly that. BS! He just fought someone who didn't walk in and use his face as his defense and who was faster than molasses dripping off a spoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X