No announcement yet.

NBCS ratings again prove boxing is more popular than MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBCS ratings again prove boxing is more popular than MMA

Any time boxing and MMA have been on the same network boxing has been proven to be the bigger attraction. There's not really many cases where the two sports appear on the same network in the US but the trend is still pretty clear that boxing is still number 1. Put MMA on HBO and it won't get near the ratings boxing does. Both Showtime's and now NBCS MMA ratings have fallen short of what boxing can get on those same networks. Boxing is still the bigger attraction.

you reek of inferiority and insecurity.

why even bother comparing them two in the first place? they are different sports. and UFC on FOX does way more viewers than anything on hbo or showtime, so just stop with your insecurities

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post

why even bother comparing them two in the first place? they are different sports. and UFC on FOX does way more viewers than anything on hbo or showtime, so just stop with your insecurities
      Other than the first two shows the UFC on fox has had bad ratings

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
        Other than the first two shows the UFC on fox has had bad ratings
        i am 100% aware of that, but it still did better than boxing

it's not a huge deal considering they are two completely different sports that shouldnt be compared in the first place.

Comment

i am 100% aware of that, but it still did better than boxing

it's not a huge deal considering they are two completely different sports that shouldnt be compared in the first place.
          Fox is basic cable, HBO and Showtime are subscription networks. Put all boxing on CBS or NBC like that, it would dwarf the UFC on FOX. Hell it even compares right now when it's on HBO. Two different sports, but boxing is more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Fox is basic cable, HBO and Showtime are subscription networks. Put all boxing on CBS or NBC like that, it would dwarf the UFC on FOX. Hell it even compares right now when it's on HBO. Two different sports, but boxing is more popular.
            i am also aware of that.

Ortiz vs Lopez @ the staples center sold 5k tickets with 1k+ given out

UFC on FOX @ the staples center 3 weeks later was sold out

they aren't comparable. stop

Comment

fuck mma

Boring as hell. I compare it to any Alexander fights

Comment

You missed the point instantly. I didn't think I needed to explain that we're talking about MMA and Boxing when they're on the SAME NETWORK. What you just did would be like comparing HBO ratings to FUEL. Those aren't comparable. However, every time MMA and boxing have appeared on the same network, boxing has come out on top. I'm not bashing MMA here. They actually did quite well for themselves with 198k viewers. However, this again puts them behind boxing on both Showtime and NBCS. This shows boxing has the wider drawing power.

As for FOX. These trends suggest that if someone actually went out of their way to put a decent boxing match on FOX it would again dwarf the UFC's. Unfortunately I don't think Adamek vs Cunningham will be a good attraction. They just aren't big names. I'd be very surprised if that did well on NBC. Maybe 3-4 million.
                Last edited by croz; 11-06-2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                  You missed the point instantly. I didn't think I needed to explain that we're talking about MMA and Boxing when they're on the SAME NETWORK. What you just did would be like comparing HBO ratings to FUEL. Those aren't comparable. However, every time MMA and boxing have appeared on the same network, boxing has come out on top. I'm not bashing MMA here. They actually did quite well for themselves with 198k viewers. However, this again puts them behind boxing on both Showtime and NBCS. This shows boxing has the wider drawing power.

As for FOX. These trends suggest that if someone actually went out of their way to put a decent boxing match on FOX it would again dwarf the UFC's. Unfortunately I don't think Adamek vs Cunningham will be a good attraction. They just aren't big names. I'd be very surprised if that did well on NBC. Maybe 3-4 million.
                  my mistake, i didn't even know they showed "MMA" on showtime or NBCS. If that's the case then yes obviously boxing does higher numbers on those two networks that display both sports.

Comment

Working...
                  X