Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladimir Klitschko under added pressure to perform tomorrow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    the fight sucked. viewers turned the channel quickly and didn't even hang on to see the KO. The Haye fight was a disgraceful performance that kept him off US tv for a while.

He has to fight in a way that makes US fans want to watch. Its not just about the KO. He has little personality and doesn't make you want to watch him. Since he will never exhibit the kind of personality that will make US fans gravitate toward him he must have an exciting performance.

Lucky for him he is the HWT champ. He has a great performance, everything else is forgotten.
    It doesn't matter if the US viewers are not interested, he is a mega star in Germany. Heavyweight boxing belongs to Europe, get used to it.

Comment

Wlad doesnt seem to be phased by anything inside the ring he sticks to his usual gameplan and executes it no matter what. He doesnt get carried away, go for the KO, get angry. For example if Hopkins stuck his tongue out at Wlad he would jab and remain calm, Kovalev went for the KO

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        I've never seen pulev fight, is his power on par with his ko record?
        He doesn't have huge power, yet he still stopped Dimitrenko and Ustinov, big guys who both had not been stopped previously. Pulev is a BOXER, he does everything well in the ring, but doesn't possess something spectacular, so to say. He is a big guy, so Vlad wont be able to do a Povetkin on him.

Should be good!

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Actually I think Wladimir's personality outside the ring is infinitely more exciting to see than his actual fights. He's funny, charming and alpha and much like his fighting style he'll hug you if you approach him.
          LOL!!!

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          It doesn't matter if the US viewers are not interested, he is a mega star in Germany. Heavyweight boxing belongs to Europe, get used to it.
          Did you see my 1st post? I said he is under pressure because the rumor is he has or is getting a deal from HBO. If so, then he needs to fight in a way that doesn't force US viewer to turn the channel like they did his last 2 fights televised on espn and HBO.

YOu can have HWT boxing, no one really cares about it.

Comment

HBO is airing it live which means it will be around noon on the west coast... It can't possibly do very good ratings.

Wlad is already making 20 highest paid athletes in the world lists without HBO, I don't think it's a make or break situation for him. An HBO deal would be a nice but probably minor pay bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Did you see my 1st post? I said he is under pressure because the rumor is he has or is getting a deal from HBO. If so, then he needs to fight in a way that doesn't force US viewer to turn the channel like they did his last 2 fights televised on espn and HBO.

YOu can have HWT boxing, no one really cares about it.
              Why should he feel under pressure because of HBO?

He has a more than lucrative contract with German RTL television, he doesn't give a shit about being aired on HBO for US viewers.

You say nobody cares about HW boxing, which is untrue, since a lot of people do in Europe, and the UK with Fury/Chisora for instance, plus all the hype David Haye created. Your phrase HW boxing is dead, is a myth manufactured by bitter Americans.

Comment

If some chump like Wilder won a belt Big Dunn would suddenly become interested in HW and praise the return of the golden era. Don't mind him.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                  If some chump like Wilder won a belt Big Dunn would suddenly become interested in HW and praise the return of the golden era. Don't mind him.
                  Some people have never left america and truly can't comprehend that there is life elsewhere.
                  Last edited by El-blanco; 11-14-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                    Why should he feel under pressure because of HBO?

He has a more than lucrative contract with German RTL television, he doesn't give a shit about being aired on HBO for US viewers.

You say nobody cares about HW boxing, which is untrue, since a lot of people do in Europe, and the UK with Fury/Chisora for instance, plus all the hype David Haye created. Your phrase HW boxing is dead, is a myth manufactured by bitter Americans.
                    I explained why I think he is.

You have no idea what he and his team cares about regarding his business.

I never used that phrase. You said HWT boxing belongs to Europe. OK, that's fine, no one in the US really cares.

I think HBO wants to invest in the HWT division, as did ESPN, but wont until the champ actually shows he can get ratings. I think that adds pressure. If you disagree, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                      There you go again. I don't like wilder and thinks he is a bum. Stop trying to make, insinuate, or imply that not liking wlad is about his color.

Comment

Working...
                      X