Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    He got a good chin, but he can be stopped

was it McCline who dropped him?

Vitali broke him down, remember when Chisora fought Vitali, Vitali couldn't hurt him, Haye floored him twice and stopped him

Vitali has that clubbing power, heavy handed but not that much snap. Haye, Wlad, Price, they have that shocking power, you don't see it coming then BOOM right on the chin.

I think Price could stop him, but i think arreola could stop price

that's why its a good fight
    I like your analysis of their power and I have been thinking that for a long time. Don't think there's any doubt that someone like Vitali in his prime has more actual power than the likes of Haye, Wlad etc but his shots are more predictable so his opponents can absorb it better early in the fight, but will surrender to it later on.

Being from Liverpool, I have seen Price fight since he was an amateur and has followed his career for a long time. The glass chin is a myth imo. I'm not saying he's got a granite chin, but he's never been down in the pros. Against fury, it was a flash knock down and he got up straight away and won the fight. We have all seen the likes of Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Tyson, Wladimir, Lennox etc etc been floored many times in their careers. If you get hit by a guy who's 250 pounds - it's going to hurt.

Comment

"Is it too much too soon?" Is this writer having a laugh?! No need to worry on that score as Price won't be going anywhere near a world title until the Klits have gone. Whenever you hear Price talk all he bangs on about is 'long learning processes' and about being at least '12-18 months from being ready' on his winding journey. If the Klits are still around this time next year you can be sure Price will still be at least another '12-18 months' from being ready then too. Or '5 fights' was the most recent quote
      Last edited by Keysor; 01-25-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keysor View Post
        "Is it too much too soon?" Is this writer having a laugh?! No need to worry on that score as Price won't be going anywhere near a world title until the Klits have gone. Whenever you hear Price talk all he bangs on about is 'long learning processes' and about being at least '12-18 months from being ready' on his winding journey. If the Klits are still around this time next year you can be sure Price will still be at least another '12-18 months' from being ready then too. Or '5 fights' was the most recent quote
        It's people like you who destroy a prospect's career. He's on 15 pro fights. To put it in perspective for you Wlad fought for the HW championship after 36 pro fights Vitali after 25. He's an honest guy, admitting these guys are too good for him at the moment. Of course they are, he's a novice and they are some of the longest reigning champions ever.

Comment

David Price's chin will stop him from winning a world title. You can quote me on that.

Didn't Cammarelle put him down 6 times in one fight?

Comment

David looks like a beast, but I fear he has been tagged a bit too easily recently. Matt Skelton managed to land a few right on the button, and he's fat and old.

I hope it's just inexperience/ring nerves/being careless in gunning for the KO, and not a problem with his defensive abilities.

I can't imagine he has a tough chin either, I reckon he'll get wobbled soon.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenboxer View Post
              I like price but I've got a bad feeling about his chin, I know he's just a prospect but most guys at 29 would be jumping at a chance to fight a champion but hes talking about fighting them a year or 2 down the road, he's got all the tools but I don't think he has the confidence in his chin and it will show against the big boys, watch him against cammarelle in the amature.
              15 fights man, just 15 fights.
              He needs more experience before he steps up to that level.
              I don't personally think there is enough depth of quality in the HW division for him to find meaningful fights for another 18 months and he will be forced to step up sooner rather than later.
              He needs to beat Fury first before he moves to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
                David Price's chin will stop him from winning a world title. You can quote me on that.

Didn't Cammarelle put him down 6 times in one fight?
                With this logic, explain to me how Wladimir has been so dominant for so long.

Comment

Price is a knockout waiting to happen. Look how easy the last guy he beat was able to get close and land punches in the first round. And his chin is terrible, which is expected for a man of his size.

Comment

The article picture's filename should be: David_Price_Ejaculation_Face.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                      I'd like to see pricey step it up, theres a lot of hype round him in England, especially here in Liverpool, he looks like the business, but so did the Michael grants of this world until they stepped in with someone as big as them who could punch, wouldn't mind seeing him fight Alexander 'ridiculously poor mans' dimitrenko to see how he handled someone with a similar reach
                      There is a difference. Lennox at times will go full out for the kill and ruin a fighter. Wladimir have not done that since Pre-Steward.

What I'm saying is..Grant lost everything because Lewis brutalized him and dominated him..

Price vs Wladimir will not be A REPEAT of Lewis-Grant.

What would most likely happen is Wladimir will box cautiously for 10 rounds on route to a late tko or Wide UD.

That kind of loss Price can easily bounce back from. The Lewis-Grant type of beating is impossible to bounce back from.

LET'S ALSO NOT FORGET. Wlad got a very very shaky chin. one price right hand

and it's Pele Reid all over again

Comment

Working...
                      X