No announcement yet.

Froch refuses an offer to fight in germany, demand neutral venue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch refuses an offer to fight in germany, demand neutral venue

Carl Froch has indicated he is unlikely to quit boxing's Super Six tournament.

The 32-year-old lost his WBC super-middleweight title to Mikkel Kessler on Saturday in Denmark and is next set to face German-Armenian Arthur Abraham.

But Froch has again insisted that he will not fight the current scoreboard leader Abraham in Germany.

"I won't be fighting in Germany, simple as that, but it has been pretty much agreed that we would fight in a neutral venue," he told BBC Radio 5 live."
    I gotta admit that Abrahams team are ****s in this, they want to fight for the home town ref and scoring advantage, why wont abrahams camp agree to fight in a neutral ground.

i dont think

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    I gotta admit that Abrahams team are ****s in this, they want to fight for the home town ref and scoring advantage, why wont abrahams camp agree to fight in a neutral ground.
    they have said they werent open to a nuetral venue m8 infact im sure they will do that tbh .

Comment

Sauerland said that they were open to fight on a neutral ground. But the fight wont generate much money if that happens. So if it does happen on a neutral ground, I see team Sauerland demanding a bigger slice of the cake because Abraham is a much bigger draw then Froch.

Comment

Why don't they have it in Paris? Or just somewhere random in Europe. Thousands can come from Germany and the UK with ease on budjet airlines and the TV money wouldn't change at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
          Why don't they have it in Paris? Or just somewhere random in Europe. Thousands can come from Germany and the UK with ease on budjet airlines and the TV money wouldn't change at all.
          I don't know where the money is for this fight.

The thing is both fighters probably lose 'away' from home. I personally don't think Abraham will KO Carl but for eye-catching 20-seconds outbursts he'd win on the cards in Germany, in Britain Carl would win pretty wide.

Comment

Froch is right not to go to Germany though. After having his WBC belt stolen from him by Sauerland in Denmark. Getting a decision in Germany is virtually impossible unless you do what Chambers did to that big blob and even then one guy had it a draw or something lmfao.

I mean look at Abraham-Miranda 1. I admire Abraham's hreat but 5 point deductions?LMFAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
              I say Slovakia.. So many Brits here on weekends getting pissed already.. Plus Germany is only a few hours of driving away.. Best idea for a neutral ground... or not..

Comment

Surely he would of signed a contract and pulling out will cost him

Comment

Where is a neutral venue, Wales?

Comment

i thought european fans were willing to travel... or is that just european soccer fans?

Comment

Working...
                    X