No announcement yet.

Pacquiao undercard is going to be great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    "In Marcos Maidana, Floyd Mayweather may be in for his toughest opponent ever,....I give Floyd a lot of credit for stepping up to the plate and testing himself once again. He is a true warrior" said Richard Schaefer

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
      While the fights appear competitive and potentially exciting, there are no real significant fights. I want fights to not just be exciting but also carry meaning.
      Well the Floyd Maidana undercard has a grand total of 1 top 10 ranked contender, fringe contender Broner. Neither Khan not Collazo is top 10 at welter. So you don't necessarily mean significant, more like name brand

Comment

Pacquiao-Vargas is coming...probably fall of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Every single fight on this card should be competitive. No one should be more than a 2 to 1 favorite. Fighter styles will also mesh well with each other. I doubt we'll see a dud. Don't give a fuck about there not being any big name as long as fights are competitive.
          I'm guilty of only half glancing at the undercard and assuming it would be ****. I think it's the combination of less recognizable names and the history of past undercards at Pac fights. Hmm, I'll actually try to take a closer look at he card before the fight (if I get time).

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded
            The same criticisms I have of the Pacquiao Bradley undercard apply to that for Mayweather Maidana. That undercard also lacks significant fights. Broner-Molina is a mismatch intended as a comeback fight for Broner. Khan-Collazo is a fight that could be competitive, but which is not very meaningful. As for Periban-Love, meh. A fight I'd consider significant and competitive is something like Vazquez-Abril. Of course, you'd want to price the PPV at something like -$65.00 to get somebody to watch that.
            Gotcha. Vazquez Abril would be a guaranteed snoozer though, not really PPV material. The casuals that make up the numbers have never heard of any of these guys, or probably of Matthysse, Garcia etc. They're just waiting for the main event, but if you serve them up an exciting brawl, a few might get hooked. I remember a few years back non boxing fan friends of mine really got into Arce vs Vazquez, way more than Pac Mosley main event.

Comment

They will be competitive, but their should at least be one other decent name. Better than the awful Rios' card though.

Comment

Looking forward to Vargas vs Khabib. Two undefeated prospects fighting with the added incentive of suffering their first professional loss.

Comment

Working...
                X