Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Confident: I'm Going To Take Alexander Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Lou View Post
    You don't become a star in this sport without coming to the US. Dummy!!!!!
    Thats the conventional wisdom, but you have fighters like Froch and Brook who'd be perfectly happy to never come to the US. They're totally happy ruling the UK. And even the Kilt Bros.

Yea, the US is still the biggest market obviously, but not all fighters care about it, especially if they have fans and money making prospects at home.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
      You know, you may be completely right. Lol. But, Brook is a big WW. And he is very accurate. I definitely don't see Devon hurting Brook, it's a match up thing. And I don't think Devon has the stamina and skill to outbox Brook for 12 rounds without getting hurt. And once he's hurt, I think it'll all unravel. And his main hope is outboxing Brook.

Those great wins of Alexander were at 140, and Brook is a big WW. This might not make a difference, fighters do go up like Guerrero and well look at how well he did. But I suspect, the size difference, is going to prove important. Maidana himself wasn't a true WW.

I agree that Alexander has fought far harder competition, but the fact he quit in the bradley fight also indicates this is a fighter with doubts. He didn't want to hang in with Bradley on the hopes he could KO him.

If someone like Matthyse, who is smaller, less powerful, and less skillful than Brook could beat him in a ten rounder(according to many), then how is Alexander going to beat Brook?
      Matthysse has a 89% KO, Brook has 60% KO, so how is Mattysse less powerful? Are you high?

Comment

Thats the conventional wisdom, but you have fighters like Froch and Brook who'd be perfectly happy to never come to the US. They're totally happy ruling the UK. And even the Kilt Bros.

Yea, the US is still the biggest market obviously, but not all fighters care about it, especially if they have fans and money making prospects at home.
        Bottom line if Brook wants Devon's Title he has to come take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lou
          Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

So I make you look dumb for trying to criticize someone and you come back with this? What's this post gotta do with what I quoted?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

You don't become a star in this sport without coming to the US. Dummy!!!!!
          What type of ignorant post is this... dummy

You do know these Europeans are drawing 10k+ overseas right? They don't need or have to come to the US.

Comment

I think Alexander is going to win a UD over Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lou View Post
              Matthysse has a 89% KO, Brook has 60% KO, so how is Mattysse less powerful? Are you high?
              Yes, and you realise that Brook is in a higher weight class than Matthysse right? Maybe thats why someone would say Brook is stronger. Jesus christ, does every single little thing need to be explained? Think man.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed
                I think Alexander is going to win a UD over Brook.
                You on a downhill roll lately so I think I'm gonna go with the opposite.

Comment

Yes, and you realise that Brook is in a higher weight class than Matthysse right? Maybe thats why someone would say Brook is stronger. Jesus christ, does every single little thing need to be explained? Think man.
                  Maybe Brook is stronger, but that doesn't mean he has more power. I fail to see how Brook is a bigger puncher than Mattysse just because he fights at WW and Lucas fights at 140

Comment

Get off the blog clown.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                      Maybe Brook is stronger, but that doesn't mean he has more power. I fail to see how Brook is a bigger puncher than Mattysse just because he fights at WW and Lucas fights at 140
                      You fail to see how a fighter in a higher weight class might hit harder than a fighter from a lower weight class? Yes I'm sure heavyweights and flyweights hit with the exact same power. Anyway, off to bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X