What's next for James Kirkland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    I think Kirkland should fight Rosado for his BKB title
    He would be a perfect fit for BKB. A straight out brawler would fit right in over there. He could start off with Stevens and then go for Rosado if he wins.

Comment

I love watching kirkland fight, but the kid squares up too much.. It's not that he has a bad chin it's just that he stands squared up and guys can land monster bombs on that chin.. No fighter is gonna be able to stand if you square up like that..

I would still watch kirkland fight, him being blazed by Canelo shouldn't hurt his stock too much..

I do think in about 2 years Kirkland will end up like jeff lacy and be a shell of himself getting waxed by lower level guys..

Kirkland vs paul Williams was one of the great missed fights in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
        He probably fights a Joshua Clottey or someone along those line.
        Maybe the Charlo brothers take a shot at him, thinking he's very vulnerable now.
        Clottey? Shoot, Clottey beats him to a pulp.

Comment

Ann Wolfe after the fight:

Last edited by ИATAS; 05-10-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

He made a million so he can live comfortable for awhile. His speech is already slurring I don't want to see him fight past another year or 2. I'd get back with Wolf and take a cherry pick to get his confidence back in November/December.

Then next year try to find the biggest money fights you can before retiring. Would love to see him bang it out with Rosado or hell if Cotto loses to Canelo too I would love that fight as a retirement party for both.

Comment

Was rooting for Kirk but man he was knocked all over the place by that Irish dude

Comment

Retire

He's never going to develop a defence and he doesn't have the chin to keep fighting that style.

Comment

1) Invest the money

2) Buy a bar on the beach in Costa Rica

3) Enjoy friendly Ticas for the rest of his days.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Honestly I don't know what he should do. I'd say go back to Ann Wolfe, but that's assuming Wolfe would even take him back. Seems like there is some deep wounds there that may never heal, at least not now.

Goes without saying his next fight should be a soft one. He should be matched against a couple subpar opposition and go from there. Maybe he can work himself into a couple more nice paydays. He's entertaining, people will want to see him. It would be sad to see him drop to gatekeeper status, like an Edison Miranda who keeps getting KO'd and is nothing more than a stepping stone for up and comers, but that may be the inevitable for Kirkland. His chin was cracked pretty bad, punch resistance might be ruined. Not that it was ever great but he had the heart and the will to overcome it. Not so sure now.
                    I think Wolfe would take him back. I think she genuinely cares about James and If I didn't know better I'd think they were former lovers and something went wrong in their relationship.

I hope I'm wrong but I think he's pretty much done at this point and it doesn't matter if Wolfe trains him. Someone mentioned BKB. I think that could work a little better for him.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                      1) Invest the money

2) Buy a bar on the beach in Costa Rica

3) Enjoy friendly Ticas for the rest of his days.
                      How awesome would that be?

Comment

Working...
                      X