Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't people get mad at catchweights anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    BINGO...now you get it...
    What's up with that fade? Let me see where your hands at brah.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      same reason they don't get mad when fighters demand random drug testing now i guess
      People didn't like it because we were very suspicious that Floyd was using PEDs testing to get out of a fight....... 100 roadblocks later, inviting Alex Ariza in his camp, demanding that Manny join Mayweather Promotions or no fight, ....... come on man, it was all a sham!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand Marco View Post
        same reason why illiteracy is cool now
        lollolololol

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...9i94o1_500.gif

Comment

I can't remember getting worked up about the cw with Manny and JMM. Those guys were always gonna' be a good match since minute one.

With Cotto I thought there was something to it and argued the point.

Guess it's on a case by case basis?

I think Ward's demolition of Chad was aided by Chad coming down in weight.

I think Floyd making Canelo fight at 152 probably told in some way. Mentally or physically.

Cotto did it to Margarito in the second fight I think.

In that case I was all for it.

It comes down to a-side stacking the odds. Whoever carves out the a-side for themselves has the economic advantage (it seems) and they assert it.

Are you bringing this up in connection with some recent or soon to be recent fight in which these sorts of negotiations impact the outcome?

Comment

I for one don't even acknowledge cw's. Cottos win was really good but it will always have an asterisk into book, along with many of of manny fights and marquez vs Alvarado etc

Comment

Working...
            X