No announcement yet.

How far you think Mayweather can go up in weight and still wi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I think he could beat some fighters at 154 and 160 but he is not the best at any weight over 147.I don't think anyone can beat him at 147 but I think Canelo and Martinez can beat him at 154 and Chavez, Pirog, Murray and Golovkin would probably beat him at 160. He is almost 36 years old and not a big welterweight. I think he will compete at welterweight and not fight bigger men but time will tell.
    I pretty much agree with this , the thing is in a fight size does matter , if the size has pretty much equal skills , equal speed , more power , you gunna lose , and it dont matter who we are talking about , Roy Jones went to HW , who did he fight , Lewis Holyfield , nope dam Ruiz , a flat footed slow past it HW , the record book says Roy won a HW title and he did , but its not beating the best HW , so basically a fighter moving up is winning on match making , hype to sell it , and boxing politics to cement the legacy that at the end of the is just somebody's opinion anyway .

Put it this way , you take Hagler at his very best , who the fck is gunna come from a LW and lower and beat him , same goes for any true top liner , if they at their best the little guy is gunna lose , its only through cherry picking the bigger guy at the right time of the slippery slope .
    Guys that are obviously small that can climb the divisions are just the same as Roys HW climb , they cant do it fighting the best of the bigger elite fighters , so they will try and CW them you make them smaller , but it also makes them weaker , not as sharp , not the same endurance , so you dont have the real opponent , but his status is whatever belt he has ! how loud his fanbase is ! and off course how good a job the hype machine has played its part .

So basically what Im saying is Floyd cannot beat SM on Sergios best night at Sergios healthy weight , because Floyd is to small , same applys to Manny and any other current fighter that began under LW , you probably could not find a LW and smaller framed fighter in history that could beat an inform healthy Martinez , simply because with those fluid boxers on their night you cannot give them weight and win , Im not talking about a girl hiding behind a left jab , Im talking about real fighters that are naturally gifted ring generals , you can only beat weight by being a lot faster with outstanding conditioning and that weight is slow .

This is same reason I say nobody smaller than Floyd can beat him , and very few in history could beat him at his healthy weight , change Floyds name to who ever you want , its not about Floyd its just the fight game .

Everyday I read the haters in here with Floyd this and Floyd that , the hater bird brains are skewed in the head , Floyd is a magnificent fighter , but he aint superman and if the only way you can get him beat is keep finding bigger opponents then its nothing more that fanboy BS , if he tried haters dont acknowledge the degree of the challenge , they just want you fall flat , its like keep piling the weight on a champion racehorses until he finally gets beat and then hate on that he was never any good anyway , why do they put extra weight on a champions back , because the losers dont like him winning all the time , I was right into Harness Horse racing for a while and I used to hate seeing great horses get beat because of handicaps , on level terms the same field cant catch him , Its crazy , man strives to make champions and then does all the can to beat them so the haters can rejoice , its to a point the greats cant challenge themselves without the hate , so they dont , I would hate to live like these superstars live , the mental side of fame would be hard to deal with , no wonder you find multi millionaires that can be anywhere and have anything mentally unravel and are found hanging themselves of a door knob ,,, world is fcked in the head !

Comment

Well considering he barely makes 154......................

......................I think he will retire around cruiser

Comment

Working...
      X