Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont they make one more weight class for bigger guys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We already have too many weight classes. Look at crusierweight. Nobody outside hardcore fans even knows who the champion is

Comment

There are too many small weight classes,thats the problem.

Comment

The reason why the heavyweight division is the best division, in the entire history of the sport! is because it has a vast range of body types, that compete against each other and all of these physiques have had their success! if this dynamic was to be change right now! we would lose the prestige an spectacle that the heavyweight division is....

Therefore the idea of a separate heavyweight class is silly.

Comment

Last thing boxing needs is another weight division.

Comment

I'd be for this idea, it gives people like Haye, Povetkin those guys who are just about 6ft and aren't as big of a build as an Anthony Joshua a fair chance.

Let the super freaks fight their own kind, it wont happen but it would be good to see it made.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPugilist View Post
              Last thing boxing needs is another weight division.
              The super division have little sense either when they have like only 7lbs separating them and sometimes even less than 7lbs, I wont complain when there is a big gap in the weight class.

200-220
              This gives the guys on the shorter side of 6ft a proper chance because most of your Wladimir Klitschko, Anthony Joshuas etc are 6ft6 - 6ft9 and weighing 250lbs

If we were to lose a few super divisions to make this possible I'd welcome it.

Comment

Boxing already has too many divisions.

Comment

i don'tt hink so. joe louis would knock prime wlaidmir out of his boxing boots. lamon brewster did the same thing only weighing around 220ish lbs. louis was a 15 round fighter and extremely lean at 205-210. he and brewster had virtually identitcal height and reach. brewster jiggled a bit to the tune of probably 5-10 lbs.

in other words, louis and brewster are damn near the same size. louis hit harder, with more accuracy, and a heck of a lot more setup and craft. he'd walk into a fight against wladimir and wilder at 205 lbs and knock those teeth out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
                    The super division have little sense either when they have like only 7lbs separating them and sometimes even less than 7lbs, I wont complain when there is a big gap in the weight class.

200-220
                    This gives the guys on the shorter side of 6ft a proper chance because most of your Wladimir Klitschko, Anthony Joshuas etc are 6ft6 - 6ft9 and weighing 250lbs

steve cunningham, a former cruiserweight without remarkable punching power, dropped tyson fury hard and could have had him out if he was a finisher.

it's inaccurate to say that these guys are insurmountably large. the division is just garbage, sot heir size is an insurmountable advantage against the out of shape and unskilled HW division in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post

200-220

What about instead of adding a new division, we stretch the range of a couple...

Heavyweight goes to 220+
                      Cruiser becomes 220
                      Light Heavy is 195
                      Super Middle becomes 175
                      Middle remains at 168

Comment

Working...
                      X