[QUOTE=Pattycake;14074676]Hi, any constructive opinons appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_mBBL81Mlkwhich one are you

Comment

in the blue

Comment

Originally posted by Pattycake View Post
        Hi, any constructive opinons appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_mBBL81Mlk
        Learn to slip punches, work on foot work your to slow. when jabbing don't bring hand up and down you will be timed. learn proper distance when jabbing, When jabbing don't turn your wrist over so soon you do that at the end of your punch so that your punches are straighter and you create snap ,work on pivoting your feet when you throw rights and hooks you have no leverage, and last learn how to use your legs when you punch if you live in California I could show you what I mean

Comment

First, before you do ANYTHING, change your username! There already is a Boxer with a feminine name going by Joey "Twinkle Fingers" Hernandez. We don't need a Pattycake here.
          Last edited by richardt; 12-27-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I like the jab, try working around a man with it instead of coming straight in every time. You're coming up short on your right hands because you're not bringing the right foot up with the shot. In these instances the right foot lands, pushing through, at the same time as the shot when you're bringing it up. Just start bringing it up with the right hand and you'll see. Nice keeping the hands up when he flurries.

Overall, I say good work man. It's obvious that you are still a novice, stick with it. You have great height/build for a fighter, you just fought his fight (to his advantages just giving up your reachf ighting on the inside).

I know that the coaches generally tell their fighters to be the aggressor and to push the fight, you did that. But it was to his advantage.

You just need a solid course on Ring Generalmanship, the art of walking the ring, using the whole ring, with that long jab of yours and fighting when you choose too.

Again, I know that your coach stressed aggression, but what if you just took a step back while this cat was wiinging those wide punches at you. You see him attacking, take the step back and he's prime for a solid jab or a straight right hand to be driven down his throat (ofcourse followed by a left hook/upper/body, you get the picture.

Theres alot of potential that I saw. Having the ballz to step up and push a fight like that is not in everybody. You've obviousley got the cohones, now lets start fighting with your mind too.

Watch some Ray Robinson, watch how he walks the ring in large and small circles. Rarely will he rush in in a straight b-line. He'll walk the ring coi\ntrolling with his jab and footwork, fighting when he chooses.

Hopefully you have a coach with good knowledge to help mold you in that fashion because walking straight in is not going to cut it much longer when you fight more experienced fighters. With your height you just don't need to be fighting on the inside like that giving away your reach.

You're Canadian or European I assume.

Good work, nobody wins them all. Keep us posted........ Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 12-27-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Hi, any constructive opinons appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_mBBL81Mlk
              Your footwork is crap and for freakin sakes cut off the dam ring, you are following the guy around the ring and throw more jabs.

Work on your footwork and improve your speed you are way to slow.

Comment

fight tall, you were like a foot taller then the other guy yet you kept leaning in and letting him get to you, fight like vitali and wlad, tall behind the jab and make him pay with the right. The guy in read couldent do nothing but try and flurry when you let him in, you could have easily stop him from comming in with a costant stiff jab.

Comment

Like to thank everybody for the feedback especially Luiln and Rockin for how much detail they went into, i'm based in Dublin, Ireland at the minute i'm looking to migrate just a matter of putting some more money away and deciding on a location, I had a fairly hectic festive period and haven't been online much so sorry for the delay and thanks again will work on the above

Comment

Like to thank everybody for the feedback especially Luiln and Rockin for how much detail they went into, i'm based in Dublin, Ireland at the minute i'm looking to migrate just a matter of putting some more money away and deciding on a location, I had a fairly hectic festive period and haven't been online much so sorry for the delay and thanks again will work on the above
                    irish vest in your first fight noice

Comment

Working...
                    X