No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas is not impressed with Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Stick Matthew Hatton at any weight he wants in the ring with that version of Kosta Tszyu at 140 and see what happens.

Hell, Juan Urango would destroy Matthew Hatton.

Collazo? He'd kill him aswell.

These are fighters who are levels and levels and levels above Matthew Hatton.

If that's the only time you've seen Matthew Hatton I'd suggest you go and take a look at some of his fights.

Those of us that have sadly had to follow his career for no other reason than he is Ricky Hatton's brother and he allowed him on his undercards and have watched him struggle at European level and lower know how (not very) good he is.

Comparing to Ricky is just pure gold. Like I said, I'm sure he would tell you himself that he is not even close to Ricky's league.
    I seem to remember him saying something like that. I've had the displeasure of watching guys like Malignaggi get shot after shot and I think Matt is better. Skill for skill Ricky was really lacking and I don't see his brother looking any worse if they were swapped out in all the tough fights. I guess it is possible that I just caught Matt at his best which still wasn't enough to win or make it close at the highest level. In his defense they have only matched him against top youngsters in his shift to the world stage.

Comment

Working...
    X