Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto Not Giving 100% To Emanuel Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Not Giving 100% To Emanuel Steward?

Tampa, Florida – Super welterweight Miguel Cotto’s training camp has come to a close this Memorial weekend, finishing off his training for the June 5th showdown with Yuri Foreman at Yankee Stadium. Nine members of the Tampa media waited outside of the Fight Factory on Friday to witness Cotto’s final preparations only to be told at the last minute by Cotto’s public relations representative Brian Gonzalez that access to the training camp will be closed, no reason given. It has been my observation in camp that this has not really been much of deferent then the Clottey or Pacquiao camps.

Cotto has drawn much interest working on different things with Emanuel Steward in camp. He started his first few weeks sparring with Domonique Dolton who rightfully went after Cotto with a Yori Forman style. Cotto did not like the pressure that Dolton had presented to him; he pretty much went into a shell and ate a lot of shots. I question the spirit and determination in Cotto. He decided not to spar with Dolton as he did in the same with Francisco “El Gato” Figueroa when training for Pacquiao, when he let him go cause of the hard beating he was taking in sparring. A few days later Cotto chose instead to spar with the two minors, the Bonas twins Jacob (16 years old) and Joseph (17 years old), that aren’t close to his level.

This seriously raises questions about Cotto going into this fight on June 5th. Can Foreman with the quicker hands jump on him or will he just give him too much respect in the ring? Cotto, after a camp like this one, is sure not deserving the respect if Foreman were to give it. Cotto has been seen doing the cardio drills holding on to his ipod, not keeping his hands up, acting as he is not either not giving his full effort or not caring.

On paper this is a fight to win for Cotto. He has never lost in New York, but he appears to be a different fighter than the warrior Cotto fans once knew. Foreman has a lot of advantages in this fight, but lacks the knockout power that always makes Cotto extremely dangerous.

Pete Fernandez, owner of Fight Factory, states “They bring in a trainer like Emanuel Steward here and Cotto did not give 100% to him.” If Miguel Cotto loses on Saturday, fingers should not be pointed at the Hall of Fame trainer Emanuel Steward. All blame falls on the shoulders of Miguel Angel Cotto. The same Cotto that rattled off 32 wins in a row, but has now gone 2-2 in the last four bouts. Cotto has a shot to win this bout, his power will give him that, however he needs to focus more and devote himself to the pugilistic art if he wishes to regain the dominance he once held.

http://boxeomundial.net/boxeo_mobile...glish&id=17996

WTF? I hope this is some fake **** because that is not the Miguel Cotto we know.
    Last edited by AnimalisticMeth; 06-03-2010, 08:50 PM.

i hope this ain't true, it would be dissapointing if it was true. manny steward has said so many good things about his training camp that i dont know what to believe.
    Last edited by el malo; 06-03-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Good article find. I find interesting that even in the site that the article was posted there was some negative feedback stating that it is a lie. Maybe this is just another journalist trying to make a name for himself and just looking like an idiot in the process. Maybe not, I am not in Tampa so... we will see on fight night.

Fight night I will be rooting for Cotto but as always I expect a great fight and may the Best Man Win and let the good times roll and the Peroni's never finish.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
        i hope this ain't true, it would be dissapointing if it was true. manny steward has said so many good things about his training camp that i dont know what to believe.
        +1

I hope this is ain't true also.

Comment

Also why would Fight Factory owner rip Cotto? He is the biggest star that trains there so why do that? Makes no sense.

Comment

i hope this **** isnt true and if it is im not going to support cotto any more. im pissed that i spent 400 dollars for tickets and this guy dont even give a ****.

Comment

Leave the kids at home.

Comment

Even if its true, he's still gonna beat foreman

Comment

Sounds like bull****, why would the owner **** on Cotto? Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Sounds like nonsense to me...Dolton was in a video interview the other day saying how good Cotto looked. on top of that, Steward has had nothing but high praise for Cotto in training and has said thats it gone way better than he ever expected...

Comment

Working...
                    X