Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua is hit anti-Muslim abuse after he tweeted picture praying in mosque

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
    You realise Jesus was jewish right?....On his crucifix it didn't say Here is God. It said "King of the Jews." If muslims pray to the God of Abraham and Jews pray to the God of Abraham...and Jesus was a Jew....what God do you believe Christians worship since (by your own logic) it can't be the same God Jesus (A Jew) was preaching about.....
    You are aware the Christ and God are the same right? Muslims don't believe Jesus was the son of God so how can they pray to the same God? The Bible even talks about this in 1 John, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God." The Word is Christ.

So if Christ is God's son and they are one in the same, how do muslims pray to him when they don't believe Christ is who he said he was?

Not the same bro

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Why is that funny? Are you insecure about something?
      Why would I be insecure about a "christian" saying he was praying in a mosque. Just sounds dumb to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        You are aware the Christ and God are the same right? Muslims don't believe Jesus was the son of God so how can they pray to the same God? The Bible even talks about this in 1 John, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God." The Word is Christ.

So if Christ is God's son and they are one in the same, how do Muslims pray to him when they don't believe Christ is who he said he was?

Not the same bro
        Ok I can understand your point of view and it isn't your fault. Son of God and God are not the same thing (See below). Are you the same being as your father??

Couple of points that will hopefully clear things up.

1) Jesus never once claimed to be God anywhere in the new testament. In fact in all 4 Gospels Jesus consistently consistently shows that he is does not believe himself to be God. For example, Luke 22:42 Christ prays in the Garden for, not his will to be done, but the Father's. Mark 15:34, he cries out "My God, my God, what have you forsaken me?" Matthew 28:18, Jesus tells his disciples that authority had been given him in heaven and on earth. If Jesus knew he was God, none of these would make sense. On that not John 10:30 Jesus states "I and the Father are one" But in John 10:34-38 He qualifies that statement by saying he is from the The Father and is His Son.

2) Muslims believe that Jesus is a Prophet and that he spread the word of God. The same way Moses, Abraham et al preached and spread the word God. Also Muslims believe in the second coming of Jesus. Where they do not believe in his (Jesus') divinity they believe in his message of one God.

So to my point and the one I was trying to make. If Jesus is praying to the God of Abraham. And Muslims pray (All be it in a different way) to the God of Abraham. Yet Christians do not pray to the God of Abraham that the focal point of the Christian faith himself prayed to (Because Jews and Muslims don't pray to the same God as Christians do) then Who exactly are they praying to??

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Speakin of the bold, I've found it amusing to read some of these holy books. Reading these texts was probably the thing that drove me most to atheism. Anyway, I was surprised by how often Jesus appears in the Qu'ran. Probably a few dozen times.
          Jesus appears in the Quran more than Muhammad does

Comment

• Originally posted by John Barron View Post
            it's funny to me when blacks convert to islam and become a mouthpiece for it. they are totally ignorant of it. some do it for rebellious reasons because "racist" whites are predominantly christian in America and so being a black muslim is like an antithesis to this. what they don't realize is that their peaceful prophet was a slave owning racist ****wad against blacks too.
            Again a misconception. Most "slaves" Muhammad "owned" were Prisoners of war or Gifts from neighboring christian states and their families. Who worked for a period of time to "Buy" their freedom or were just freed because. After which they were free to go where ever they wanted to or stay. If they stayed they were given land and employment and integrated into the community. Also compared to western treatment of slaves Muhammad treated his "Slaves" rather well stating "Feed them what you eat yourself and clothe them with what you wear...They are God's people like unto you and be kind unto them"

By the time of his death he had no slaves all of them free. In total his household and friends freed 39,237 slaves. Also he was in the practice of buying slaves just to free them. As he did with his cousin and companions.

Also i think the things that draw black people to Islam are the words from Muhammad's final sermon "All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action" No other religion or religious leader teaches that race does not matter. So that could be it....just a thought....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              What the 12 people who love boxing but hate muslims? Sure.

He'll be fine.
              Oh it's only 12? I didn't know that. Then surely he need not worry.

So he shouldn't go pray in a synagogue then?

Comment

• Joshua is basically becoming a twitter wh0re.

He will probably announce that he is transitioning to a female next.

Despite all the massive hype and attention, he still wants more.

Comment

John 10:30 Jesus states "I and the Father are one" But in John 10:34-38 He qualifies that statement by saying he is from the The Father and is His Son.

So to my point and the one I was trying to make. If Jesus is praying to the God of Abraham. And Muslims pray (All be it in a different way) to the God of Abraham. Yet Christians do not pray to the God of Abraham that the focal point of the Christian faith himself prayed to (Because Jews and Muslims don't pray to the same God as Christians do) then Who exactly are they praying to??
                  you obviously don't understand the Trinity

Muslims pray to the pagan moon "god" Allah, who is not the God of Abraham regardless of whether they claim it ... someone can say an earthworm is the God of Abraham and pray to it, that doesn't mean they are praying to the same God as are the Jews

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Why would I be insecure about a "christian" saying he was praying in a mosque. Just sounds dumb to me
                    Because you sound very insecure as you keep putting Christian in "".

You probably have some ill, americanized feeling towards islam. It sure sounds like it.

Last edited by LacedUp; 01-19-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Again a misconception. Most "slaves" Muhammad "owned" were Prisoners of war or Gifts from neighboring christian states and their families. Who worked for a period of time to "Buy" their freedom or were just freed because. After which they were free to go where ever they wanted to or stay. If they stayed they were given land and employment and integrated into the community. Also compared to western treatment of slaves Muhammad treated his "Slaves" rather well stating "Feed them what you eat yourself and clothe them with what you wear...They are God's people like unto you and be kind unto them"

By the time of his death he had no slaves all of them free. In total his household and friends freed 39,237 slaves. Also he was in the practice of buying slaves just to free them. As he did with his cousin and companions.

Also i think the things that draw black people to Islam are the words from Muhammad's final sermon "All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action" No other religion or religious leader teaches that race does not matter. So that could be it....just a thought....
                      Your arguing with a racist moron who knows nothing about Islam or Arabs. I wouldn't even waste by breath.

Comment

Working...
                      X