Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walters: I Didn't Quit! It Would Have Stupid To Come Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walters: "I don't eat chicken. I eat poultry!"

Comment

Walters was on his way to getting KO'd and didn't wanna suffer further embarrassment...he cheated Hi-Tech and the Fans out of an exciting KO!...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        When you look back now, I suppose it should have been more obvious that he wasn't exactly coming into this fight on a good note and had been on a decline since his Donaire fight, but hindsight is 20/20.

Still, it's a pity because it could have been a cracking fight if Walters had been active, didn't struggle with weight and took training seriously. Frustrating, but Loma is so good that it might not have mattered.

Still want to see two fighters in their prime at their best rather than one coming off a long lay off, ****ty performances, weight issues etc.
        BennyST trying to down a white fighter's performance, what a surprise

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Very disappointed with Walters. I rarely criticise fighters for retiring but this was different. This is going to overshadow his career until he hangs them up. Lomachenko had a big 7th round but Walters was getting outboxed rather than beaten up. He didn't even do that badly in the 6th.
          ... I don't know what you were watching... In the 7th (as compared to the 6th), Loma dramatically increased his punching output (thrown and landed) in terms of variety and sheer power... Walters was overwhelmed, actually...

Comment

Boxing is a sport where you are supposed to go out on your shield. Quitting like he did is shameful, it's why Duran is so infamous for the "No Mas."

Comment

"It wasn't about quitting," Walters said. "If you look at the last round, he caught me with some pretty good shots, and I was holding on just to survive the round. It would be stupid to come out ‎after that last round." - ...so he went from the Axe Man to the Axe-the-ref-to-stop-the-fight man...

Comment

You quit, it's not debatable.

Don't like when posters call a fighter a puzzy but I'm gonna go ahead and say that was a real puzzy move last night. Walters wasn't even really hurt, just embarrassed.

Comment

They literally said no mas. Literally. Pathetic

Comment

walters has a lot of self relection to do. he just pulled a literal no mas. he needs to work on his redemption story or it's over for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                      I dont get it-all the hate that Walters is getting now. Unlike some other "idiots" he has been smart enough to realise he has no chance against his opponent and its better to stay healthy and not to take unnessecary punishment in a fight you cant win anyway. Some other idiot would continue to fight but he dont because he is smart. He got owned, thats it. Deal with it.
                      He quit. Hes a puzzy. Deal with it. :yawn:

Comment

Working...
                      X