Corrie Sanders vs Tommy Morrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrie Sanders vs Tommy Morrison

How exciting would that fight be?

This is one of those fights were you just wound't know would happen. It would certainly via KO, but I wound't like to bet who'd be on the recieving end of it.

Both to unpredicable.

Comment

Sanders can give and take. Morrison can only give. Sanders blows him away with the left hand in 4 rounds.

Comment

I think Corrie's underrated handspeed catches Morrison early and stops him. If this fight gets to the mid rounds then it becomes a wild and ragged slugfest, with Morrison getting the win if he is in respectable condition.

Comment

Well i think Morrison is a better fighter and a better puncher, Tommy KO win

Comment

Great fight while it lasts. I think the decider is the chin factor and Sanders proved to have a better chin imo, even if he was less inconsistent.
            I think Sanders stops him early, in a shoot out. but anything could happen

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              How exciting would that fight be?

if they both show up at their absolute best:

Going with morrison via decision. on his best night he was the superior boxer
              and he'd probably have to box to win
              sanders was a tough cookie and a supremely gifted athlete, even if he had a rep for golfing harder than he trained

but would not be surprised in the least if sanders knocked the red out of tommy's hair

after all, the guy lost to friggin sylvester stallone in a streetfight in rocky 5

i cant think of many more exciting fights at HW
              Last edited by New England; 05-08-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Morrison is the better boxer but he doesn't have the chin of Sanders. I'll take Sanders by KO in a fight he is losing on the cards before he sparks Morrison with a bomb.

Comment

I think Morrison actually was a better boxer but the only time I remember him fighting southpaws was Vaulin and Hipp and they both landed alot of punches and gave him fits. Though Morrison had the power to stop Sanders, Sanders would land first. And Morrison's chin would not respond well.

Comment

Very interesting fight.

First off I don't think chins will play a factor in this fight since both guys could flat out bang, and a clean shot from either fighter would put the other guy down. However, Sanders's money shot was his straight left, whilst Tommy's was his left hook. In a battle of orthodox versus southpaw generally the guy with the better straight shot has the advantage since he's able to land it with more regularity. Saying that, I think Tommy's slightly superior endurance and boxing ability (two qualities he was most definitely not known for) will help him in this fight, and if he can avoid Sanders's early rounds surges then I think he picks him apart in the mid rounds and stops him. I could also easily see either fighter blowing the other out of the water early, but Tommy has the slight advantage if it goes into the mid rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X