Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson's controversial losses - Has anyone seen these?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Johnson you have a fighter who often took fights on short notice and so he was often not as prepared and good as he should and he was not good managed and had not the best professional training. Hes clearly better than his record says.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      As we all know Glen Johnson complains that he feels he has been ripped off several times in his career and that alot of his "losses" were unfair and should have gone his way. Some people agree and some people just look at him as a sore loser but I want to find some clarity...

When you look at his record on paper it seems as though he was only been beaten convincingly by a select few opponents. Bernard Hopkins (Who knocked him out), and Chad Dawson (in the rematch) and Antonio Tarver (in the rematch). But he has 13 losses.

Of the so called "controversial fights", I have only seen a couple of them. These were his bouts with German champion Sven Ottke and Italian WBU Champion Silvio Branco. Sven Ottke did have alot of close fights, I have seen more of them than most people and I do believe that he beat Johnson. Although it was a very close fight with some very close rounds where neither guy was doing much. I don't think this fight can be considered a robbery because Ottke made Glen fight his tactical kind of fight. However, the bout with Branco was a robbery whichever way you look at it. Glen outlanded, outworked and outpunched Silvio in almost every round. I had him winning by a lopsided 118-111 but the judges screwed him over.

My question is whether you have seen any of the "controversial" fights involving Glen Johnson. In particular the fights with Merqui Sosa, Joseph Kiwanuka, Syd Vanderpool, Omar Sheika, Derrick Harmon and Julio Gonzalez.

If you have seen any of them then I would be very interested in knowing which fights were robberies and which were just very close and could have gone either way. I have alot of respect for Glen Johnson because he had to overcome alot in his career and earned every inch of his success the hard way.

I would appreciate some opinions on this....
      I watched Glen Johnson vs Sven Ottke yesterday and I had CLEARLY Johnson winning. So that was definitely a robbery. Some rounds were close, but Johnson clearly edged most of the close rounds. I had it 7 rounds to 3 for Johnson with 2 rounds even.
      Another Ottke fight which was a robbery. Recently I scored Ottke vs Charles Brewer 1, and had Brewer winning by 2 or 3 points.

Comment

I have most of them. Some were very close fights that could have gone either way while some were robberies.

Comment

Working...
        X