Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i doin it rite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont really understand that. sprinting lets your heart rate go up a million times faster than really slow jogging. lets say you sprint 600 meters i dont think you can breathe properly when youre done with it. but you can jog a mile or two at a really slow pace, almost like walking, and not have any big issues with your breathing because your heart rate wont go up that much. just make sure you dont stop or start to walk, jog at a very slow pace

i dont have astma but the higher your heart rate goes the more, faster and harder you have to breathe. so jogging longer distances at a slow pace should be easier for you

Comment

Believe it or not, Asthma triggers very easily especially during whole-body exercises. The bouncing effect that jogging gives helps to contribute the closing of the air canals quite early makes it not-so-easy to just do "light jogging".

Comment

I'm not sure that anyone on this forum can give you the right kind of advice, as it seems like your circumstances are pretty particular.

I have read a fair bit, jogged regularly in the past and have close family members with asthma so would like to think I know more about it than most people, but I can't say I know what to suggest, so your best bet is to consult your doctor or maybe an asthma website or a larger exercise forum where there will likely be more people in your position.

Comment

hmm.. you do have a very difficult situation.

generally i would say you're not running enough and your lifting is sounding a little too simple (you have to try and mix it up, change routines, weights, repetitions), but with ur asthma that sucks.. what u CAN try is using a jumprope, skipping rope for long times, try to keep a fast pace, no breaks in between. u have a little more control there.

and also, because of your awkward regime, you need to understand that your body wakes up and needs a wake up trigger, so big breakfast, smaller lunch, light dinner (with your healthy snacks in between) and no eating 2 hrs before going to bed.

Hope it helps bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Coeco View Post
            Been running and walking long distances every day for 2-3 weeks now in hopes of training my stamina without any progress at all besides some minor weight loss. Here's my daily routine.

-------------------

I wake up around 19:00-22:00, do my daily stuff until around midnight which i then eat a late dinner (taking a diet pill which prevents body from taking in excessive fats from food) while preparing for the gym.

05:00 I arrive at the gym and run around 300-600 meters before i get completely exhausted and do some overall stamina muscle lifting followed by 2-3 more running sessions for around 200~ meters.

06:00-07:00 I drive home, eat some protein-rich meals and head to bed.

------------------

Putting this much effort into something for several weeks without result can get quite frustrating so tips on what i might be doing wrong is appreciated.
            Man, I would actually advise not to do sprints but go on long walks. Not even jogging, just long walks around the neighborhood. Do you live in a safe area?

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
              Man, I would actually advise not to do sprints but go on long walks. Not even jogging, just long walks around the neighborhood. Do you live in a safe area?
              Doing long or very fast walks puts zero pressure on my lunges which i find strange since i can't even jog without getting spasm in my breathing canals. I do a LOT of thread-mill walking when recovering which is probably what's decreasing my weight slightly. (Which is a good thing)

But i can try to do some jump-roping again. Forgot i had one so I'll bring it to the gym next time.

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
              because of your awkward regime, you need to understand that your body wakes up and needs a wake up trigger, so big breakfast, smaller lunch, light dinner (with your healthy snacks in between) and no eating 2 hrs before going to bed.

Hope it helps bro.
              That was an old problem of mine but I'm awake for an whole 7 hours before going to the gym. (Which i eat around 4-5 hours, giving plenty of time to convert the food to energy) I do however go to bed a bit early. Will try to stay up longer.
              Last edited by Coeco; 08-05-2010, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Asthma sucks but untill your comfortable with it your never going to get over it. you really do have to jog, even if its just a mile and 25% of the time your walking you still need to jog and grow more comfortable with your asthma. if you get an attack try walking till it calms down then start jogging again till you get an attack then try walking agaig.

if you have a rescue inhaler try using after the first attack then start seeing how far you can go before the first attack or even do the whole run with out an inhaller.

Comment

Working...
                X