Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would've happened to Froch/Taylor's careers if Froch didn't get the last gasp KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would've happened to Froch/Taylor's careers if Froch didn't get the last gasp KO

Hypothetically speaking...

I think both would have ended up in the same spot they are now. Froch would have taken longer, but still gotten here. Taylor would have been done anyway.

What were the scorecards going into the 12th? That fight shouldn't have been out of reach for Froch. Even if Taylor got up, it's a very important 10-8 round for Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I think both would have ended up in the same spot they are now. Froch would have taken longer, but still gotten here. Taylor would have been done anyway.

What were the scorecards going into the 12th? That fight shouldn't have been out of reach for Froch. Even if Taylor got up, it's a very important 10-8 round for Froch.
      Taylor would have won if he survived the round. 106-102 to Taylor on two of the cards and one for Froch 106-102.

Got to admit i think it would have been a tough road back for Froch. I doubt they would have invited him into the Super 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Taylor would have won if he survived the round. 106-102 to Taylor on two of the cards and one for Froch 106-102.

Got to admit i think it would have been a tough road back for Froch. I doubt they would have invited him into the Super 6.
        They would because Lucian Bute didn't go. Frock would have likely won the belt back sooner or later and ended up where he is now IMO. Just like he bounced back like a true champion after the ward loss.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          They would because Lucian Bute didn't go. Frock would have likely won the belt back sooner or later and ended up where he is now IMO. Just like he bounced back like a true champion after the ward loss.
          He may well have done, but i am sure he would have a lot of people saying he was "exposed by a shot, old, middleweight".

At least Taylor would have gone out on a high.

Comment

Taylor would have won the fight but I don't think it would have changed anything. Froch is tough and determined and he would still have been in the tournament and still have defeated the same fighters he did and still have lost to Ward or Kessler in Demark. Taylor would still have been KOed by Abraham and gone nowhere just as he has today. Taylor does not have what it takes to stay on top and Froch does. Froch is much tougher that Taylor and he trains harder.

Comment

froch is good enough, and has a style that would have gotten him back on major american TV.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                froch is good enough, and has a style that would have gotten him back on major american TV.
                Didn't they turn their nose up at Froch-Bute?.

Comment

Taylor would have got KO'd by someone (he did by abraham anyway) and Froch would have joined in the super 6 after someone pulled out.

Comment

I don't think there would've been a super six tournament if taylor had won

It's likely taylor would've gotten KO'd by someone else, but u also have to take into account that loss crushed his confidence which is what carried taylor through the latter part of his career

Comment

Working...
                    X