• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a real shame.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      People need to calm down.

I said months ago that Burns won't be fighting Broner next, he's not ready for him. Broner-Burns will happen this year though, probably in the fall of '13 - it's too big of a fight for it not to happen.

Cleverly is in a similar position, albeit quite a lot worse. He's a world champion fighting the competition a prospect would, he'll need a couple more years before he even fights anyone with a pulse.

It's no surprise both are managed/promoted by Warren. Can't fault him for getting Cleverly the world title but he wasn't ready and since winning hasn't proven shit. Burns is different, he came out of nowhere to beat Martinez and has earnt his belts.

Burns is a great guy too so I don't like to see him being the focus of all this hate, slate his management off.
      I'm convinced this fight will never happen..........both warren & burns won't let it happen.

say what you will but the proof is there for everyone to see.

Comment

Ricky wants the fight; it's Warren who is blocking it.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Ricky wants the fight; it's Warren who is blocking it.
          lets be honest. ricky didn't want the fight at 130...........

i don't think ricky himself feels he's ready for broner.

it's not just warren...........

Comment

I like Ricky Burns but it's hard to like him when this type of **** continues to happen...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
              I'm convinced this fight will never happen..........both warren & burns won't let it happen.

say what you will but the proof is there for everyone to see.
              I'll go as far to say that I know for a fact this fight will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                lets be honest. ricky didn't want the fight at 130...........

i don't think ricky himself feels he's ready for broner.

it's not just warren...........
                The oracle has spoken!

None of us know what goes on in the mind of an individual. We shouldn't try to project. If you're a coward it doesn't mean Burns is.

However, getting away from Warren is the best thing Burns can do. Warrens style of promoting is from the 80's & the world has moved on from then.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  I'll go as far to say that I know for a fact this fight will happen.
                  you don't know anything for a fact, you're just a forum poster like the rest of us. you can only suppose.

i suppose that Warren and Burns will give Broner a wide berth.

Comment

What I don't like is that he's probably gonna wind up fighting some irrelevant opponent next. It's not like the date is being pushed to accommodate a notable opponent like Vasquez or Beltran (who both fought in December). All will be forgiven if he can get them in the ring.

Comment

Ricky Burns isn't going to be any readier in September or October or November than he is now. all he'll do between now and then is fight a soft touch or two. yawn.

Comment

Working...
                      X