Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mares finally going to prove himself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is mares a golden boy fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      In the bold,

How the hell you draw up that conclusion? You just said this was his first real challenge.

Anyway I'm really looking foward to tonight

I'll take it.
      Confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        is mares a golden boy fighter?
        I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
          I think so.
          why would they put him in with a tough guy like perez for his first hard fight? golden boy matchmakers suck

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            why would they put him in with a tough guy like perez for his first hard fight? golden boy matchmakers suck
            He has fought perez 3 times going 2-1 in the amateaurs. I even think they have sparred together as well along with Mares dad being Perez trainer. I think Mares team is pretty confident in this fight, but I honestly think Perez is too big/strong and has improved a lot over the past year or so. Perez UD 8 rounds to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
              He has fought perez 3 times going 2-1 in the amateaurs. I even think they have sparred together as well along with Mares dad being Perez trainer. I think Mares team is pretty confident in this fight, but I honestly think Perez is too big/strong and has improved a lot over the past year or so. Perez UD 8 rounds to 4.
              when were these amateur fights and when was the most recent sparring session? i dont know very much about perez but the one time i saw him fight against agbeko he looked to be an extremely tough pro fighter not someone i would put a young prospect in with who hasnt been in there against a top guy

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                Like I said. Nacho Beristain. And Mares is familiar with Perez's style because they fought three times as amateurs. Mares won two out of three. A lot of people forget that he beat Juan Ma Lopez too. If you want to talk about a guy that hasn't proven anything, look at Saul Alvarez. And even Angulo up to an extent.
                oh yeah, i forgot about that surgery he had, he was gone for a year.

Comment

He is 24, his career will hardly be over if he loses tonight to one of the best bantamweights. As already mentioned, he also had a detached retina, which actually threatened his whole boxing career.
                  Granted, the step up in opposition is huge with the Perez-fight, so fingers crossed...

Comment

Working...
                  X