No announcement yet.

2 Real Thoughts!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Real Thoughts!!!!!!

1- How can the announcers & Lederman watch Floyd for years and still not understand the way he fights? One thing that makes me really mad is that everytime Mayweather gets on the ropes or stands still and fights, they act like Hatton is forcing him to do this and Floyd doesnt want to be there. Since they think that they also almost assume that Floyd is losing those battles. Anyone can see that Floyd goes to the ropes alot on his own and decides to sit down and trade. They act like its never Floyd's decision and he never wants to do that. Its not true. He likes being in the pocket also. He doesnt want to move the whole fight. I hate it when they say that "Floyd is on the ropes again where he doesnt want to be". Its not true. he does it just like Ali and moreso just like Toney does it. They get in the pocket, block shots, roll punches, and then counter back.

2- I almost really didnt like that KO and I also think it saved Hatton because you can tell that Floyd had wore him down just like he does everyone and he was going to punish Hatton in those last few rounds. The KO was the best thing to ever happened to Hatton because Floyd probally wouldve ruined him if they went the distance or if he had stopped him in the 12th. He's also lucky he didnt have Smolger because he probally wouldve let it go on a little more and Floyd wouldve crushed him bad. The KO saved Hatton from a brutal beating and he wouldve never been the same

1- I agree with you. Floyd enjoys the close-ups, as evidenced by the weigh-in pics
    He deflects punches, taking away the determination and willpower of his opponents by standing in the pocket and getting the best of it when everybody thinks he can't.
    Those HBO guys are saying some weird things every now and then. I sometimes wonder where they learned the sport from.

2- I don't think Hatton would have beat the count the second time, so I can't really say I agree with your point of view here. Even if he had got up, he would be dropped by a mere push. He was completely out of it.
    In the 8th round, you knew the fight wouldn't go the distance. Hatton had nothing left and was becoming a sitting duck.
    We don't know if Hatton will ever be the same after tonight, so that "what if" scenario is not really relevant at this time.

Comment

Working...
    X