No announcement yet.

Tribute to Mr.Larry Merchant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to Mr.Larry Merchant

Looks like ol' larry is on his way out...gotta admit i'm gonna miss that guy. He was a prick but over time i began to respect him when he started calling out his own employer about putting on ****ty matches and making us pay for them...here's some of the greatest lines of all times from Mr. Larry Merchant...a true OG...enjoy you may remember some:

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Richard Hall: "THAT REF SHOULD BE PISTOL WHIPPED!!!"

Merchant so drunk behind the mic he can't even add...classic: "OKAY JIM!" "TEN RDS TO ONE"(Harold)
    "Actually I have it eight rds to one, and one even."(Merchant)

Larry Merchant after yet another wild swing from Samuel: "Peter comes from the old school of swing in case you hit something"

On DeLa Hoya's condition before fighting Hopkins: "Maybe he won't look like a guy who's been eating too many of those airplane cinnamon buns..."

Merchant: "Mayorga is a rude, crude dude in the ring as well as outside. in a sense, what we have here is class warfare with boxing gloves....mayorga looks at him as a hated slumlord, and oscar is coming to collect the rent"

Merchant: "Chris Byrd has two punches - pitty and pat."

Merchant: "Naz says that when he fights he has music in his head...whatever it is, i dont wanna hear it"

This one had me really dying...Merchant describing Lacy Vs. Calzaghe: "He had a Michael Richards kind of bad day"

Merchant: "Roy jones threw john ruiz out of the HW title picture, unfortunately Hasim rahman and the WBA let him back in"

LMFAO.....Merchant referring to Kirk Johnsons weight after the stoppage vs Vitali: "That whale was just harpooned!"

After Mayweather beat the living **** out of Gatti with no effort whatsoever: "Its appears that Mayweather has bored himself to tears."

During a fight that Jay Nady was over-officiating, Nady told one of the boxers "Stop it!' Larry yells to Nady "Oh you stop it Jay."

Hamed- W. Vazquez, when the prince was stripping down for like 8 minutes to his shorts: "There was a movie called the Full Monty that had men turning to Nude Stripping to make some money in Sheffield, I guess what were looking at is the half-Monty."

Duing the Forrest/Quartey bout, Jim asked Larry what he thought about the fight so far. Larry evidently forgot that he was working, and he said "Im just trying to watch the fight Jim."

"Fernando Vargs may have had a six pack in his stomach, he did not have a six pack in his chin."

After the Forrest-Quartey fight....Forrest: "I wanna thank everybody, my team, my trainers, and HBO for the fight."...Merchant: "Do you want to thank the judges as well?"

Before the Mayweather-Judah fight..."Zab Judah has a mouth full of diamonds, but that's too bad because they are in a setting of glass"

......Good stuff by Larry and I remember more than a bit of that.

Comment

Originally posted by .::EnRiQuE::. View Post
      Looks like ol' larry is on his way out...gotta admit i'm gonna miss that guy. He was a prick but over time i began to respect him when he started calling out his own employer about putting on ****ty matches and making us pay for them...here's some of the greatest lines of all times from Mr. Larry Merchant...a true OG...enjoy you may remember some:

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Richard Hall: "THAT REF SHOULD BE PISTOL WHIPPED!!!"

Merchant so drunk behind the mic he can't even add...classic: "OKAY JIM!" "TEN RDS TO ONE"(Harold)
      "Actually I have it eight rds to one, and one even."(Merchant)

Larry Merchant after yet another wild swing from Samuel: "Peter comes from the old school of swing in case you hit something"

On DeLa Hoya's condition before fighting Hopkins: "Maybe he won't look like a guy who's been eating too many of those airplane cinnamon buns..."

Merchant: "Mayorga is a rude, crude dude in the ring as well as outside. in a sense, what we have here is class warfare with boxing gloves....mayorga looks at him as a hated slumlord, and oscar is coming to collect the rent"

Merchant: "Chris Byrd has two punches - pitty and pat."

Merchant: "Naz says that when he fights he has music in his head...whatever it is, i dont wanna hear it"

This one had me really dying...Merchant describing Lacy Vs. Calzaghe: "He had a Michael Richards kind of bad day"

Merchant: "Roy jones threw john ruiz out of the HW title picture, unfortunately Hasim rahman and the WBA let him back in"

LMFAO.....Merchant referring to Kirk Johnsons weight after the stoppage vs Vitali: "That whale was just harpooned!"

After Mayweather beat the living **** out of Gatti with no effort whatsoever: "Its appears that Mayweather has bored himself to tears."

During a fight that Jay Nady was over-officiating, Nady told one of the boxers "Stop it!' Larry yells to Nady "Oh you stop it Jay."

Hamed- W. Vazquez, when the prince was stripping down for like 8 minutes to his shorts: "There was a movie called the Full Monty that had men turning to Nude Stripping to make some money in Sheffield, I guess what were looking at is the half-Monty."

Duing the Forrest/Quartey bout, Jim asked Larry what he thought about the fight so far. Larry evidently forgot that he was working, and he said "Im just trying to watch the fight Jim."

"Fernando Vargs may have had a six pack in his stomach, he did not have a six pack in his chin."

After the Forrest-Quartey fight....Forrest: "I wanna thank everybody, my team, my trainers, and HBO for the fight."...Merchant: "Do you want to thank the judges as well?"

Before the Mayweather-Judah fight..."Zab Judah has a mouth full of diamonds, but that's too bad because they are in a setting of glass"
      man as long as larry is there this saturday im good

Comment

at times i cant stand the guy, but he is funny

Comment

He can also make some lines that are seriously said, but still great.

"Mayweather is like a poet who writes great lines, but can't write a verse!

Comment

I'll never look forward to HBO commentary as much anymore.

Comment

someone should make a video tribute to him. With all the things he has said on this list and some more!!! It'd be hilarious

Comment

"this may be the end of western civilization as we know it" on naz hameds ring enterence vs kevin kelley

Comment

gotta give it up

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
                    I'll never look forward to HBO commentary as much anymore.
                    For sure me neither. At first I hated him, but now I can't wait for him to start slurring his words or try to make those poetic attempts. Plus his post-fight interviews were always the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X