No announcement yet.

Physicist Stephen Hawking Says 'There Is No Heaven'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I think he's referring to the "fine tuning of the universe" argument frequently cited by Dinesh D'Souza (who cites Stephen Hawking)...

I was asking the fellow and would like to know if he reallly understood Hawkings works.....

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
      I was asking the fellow and would like to know if he reallly understood Hawkings works.....
      Do you subscribe to D'Souza's argument that "that the universe is too complicated and implausible to have come about by accident" and that "there is an intelligient creator who fine tuned the dials to allow life"?....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Do you subscribe to D'Souza's argument that "that the universe is too complicated and implausible to have come about by accident" and that "there is an intelligient creator who fine tuned the dials to allow life"?....

Frankly, I never heard of him to make any statement about his works.
        Ask me again some other time when I know enough I will let you know..

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          Hawkings is obsessed witht he correct path which is christianity.

His own theories even show over whelming evidence for a god.

I honestly do not believe anyone is a true atheist, they know christianity is correct. Oh well, let them seeth.

Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

Frankly, I never heard of him to make any statement about his works.
            Ask me again some other time when I know enough I will let you know..

Comment

I bet that phaggot cant even get a boner, ofcouse he dont believe in God, his life is ****ed up

Comment

Everyone knows the whole notion of heaven is just a way for human beings to disregard the fact that we will all die. I don't blame them, that fact is incredibly difficult to accept, however I have and to be honest it is utterly liberating.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  His response to the question:

You had a health scare and spent time in hospital in 2009. What, if anything, do you fear about death?

I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years. I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first. I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.

He clearly says he 'regards' the brain as a computer, and that there is no heaven for broken down computers.
                  Seems to me this is his personal belief and nothing to do with his scientific research. Its not a statement about whether there is an afterlife or not. Its about whether he fears death and how belief in an afterlife can comfort people who fear death.

So...in his opinion the brain is a computer, and there is no afterlife for broken computers. i.e. he doesnt fear death, and doesnt believe in an afterlife. There is no attempt and preaching atheism or anything else.

This may be more up to speed for some types here: My understanding since he is a quadriplegic, is that they put something up his rectum to make him ejaculate, and the sperm did their thing 3 times. He has been married twice.
                  He is not quadriplegic, he has a motor neurone disease. He cannot move his muscles but he does have a sensation of touch and can therefore have a sexual response.

Comment

Most geniuses were mentally ill.
                    [citation needed]

Hawkings is obsessed witht he correct path which is christianity.
                    [citation needed]

His own theories even show over whelming evidence for a god.
                    [citation needed]

I honestly do not believe anyone is a true atheist, they know christianity is correct.
                    [citation needed]

Not believing (denying gods existence) is worse than suicide by 1000. So its better to have a relationship with the creator than to suffer eternity!
                    [citation needed]

Comment

Working...
                    X