Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groves expect 'no-contest' bid to fail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but we see a lot worse , i think the referee had legitimate reasons based on Groves body language

Comment

Groves did not lose that fight, but it shouldn't be changed to no-contest.
      New fight will tell it all. Hope it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        The IBF didn't make Khan-Petersen a NC when Petersen failed drugs test, got a robbery and had a weird hat man distracting the judges, so i dont think they will for a stoppage that was 10 seconds early
        He's appealing to the BBBofC so even less likely.

The IBF is such a joke that they may have accepted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          He's appealing to the BBBofC so even less likely.

The IBF is such a joke that they may have accepted it.
          Maybe they are gayemaker fans too.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Maybe they are gayemaker fans too.
            They do have many of their traits - hypocrisy being the main one.

Comment

Groves is becoming a real pest now, he's on psycho stalker mode. The obsession with Froch is getting creepy now. You tried, let it be and move on. You can't help but imagine this guy thinks and dreams about Froch 24/7.

Comment

George Groves needs to shut up. I was among the many fans that got on side with him in the aftermath of the Froch fight, but f**k me he is pushing it.

He just needs to shut up and fight the fight he asked for. If he had this many complaints that are justifiable he would walk away to find other opportunities and people would support him for it. He is on his own with these complaints.
                Fighting Carl Froch puts you on the main stage of the sport, and with Groves fighting him that would be the first time he has been there (world level) and I can't help but think how well he did has gone to his head a little bit.

The fight was stopped early and sparked controversy and we all know that, it is what it is. But it is NOT 'No Contest' appeal worthy. I feel as though his time in the limelight and the amount of support he initially had has gone to his head and he now thinks he can have it all.

Comment

The IBF didn't make Khan-Petersen a NC when Petersen failed drugs test, got a robbery and had a weird hat man distracting the judges, so i dont think they will for a stoppage that was 10 seconds early
                  SMH Peterson Khan was not a robbery it was a close fight and you could even argue Peterson was robbed of a point from the bs knockdown. Close fights are not robberies.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                    SMH Peterson Khan was not a robbery it was a close fight and you could even argue Peterson was robbed of a point from the bs knockdown. Close fights are not robberies.
                    2 points for pushing?!? Are you kidding me??

Comment

Definitely a joke of a fight with what transpired. Sadly the sanctioning body cannot overturn the result of a fight, this decision is made by the local/state boxing commission they are fighting under.

Sanctioning bodies can only order a rematch, as they have done with Froch and Groves.

Comment

Working...
                      X