No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas: Keith Thurman will be the next big star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman hasn't done nothing yet.
    Canelo would close, if he beats Cotto. If he ducks GGG, no way.
    If Canelo and GGG fight, the winner of that will be big.

Wilder? that's funny

147 is deep, Thurman would have to beat Porter, Garcia, Brook and others to be top dog. Considering how often Haymon fighters fight a live body, Thurman will be fighting 40-1 dogs on PBC.

Teddy is wrong all the time, Robert Garcia said he seen Teddy and he didn't even know who he was. If he don't know a top trainer in the biz, that says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      He has several of the necessary elements but the talent at 147 is too stacked. I'm becoming skeptical of his abilities.
      Genady is too old with few interesting fights on the horizon.
      Canelo is the future it seems.
      I think you are right on the money. Unfortunately, for GGG his division is not stacked with the talent and fame like 147.

I think Thurman is really good, and improves every fight, but only time will tell with Thurman.

I also think Canelo could be the next big name, but he needs a better trainer, and he needs better conditioning. Honestly I think he is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomum View Post
        I think you are right on the money. Unfortunately, for GGG his division is not stacked with the talent and fame like 147.

I think Thurman is really good, and improves every fight, but only time will tell with Thurman.

I also think Canelo could be the next big name, but he needs a better trainer, and he needs better conditioning. Honestly I think he is overrated.
        It's actually fortunate for GGG. He will get to stand out in a pile of sh^t and look really good, just waiting on WW and JMW big names to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Yes to both. I've always considered him an unimpressive hype job, and hope he eats enough losses to be universally accepted as such. He is a draw, but because of his loyal fans, mainly mexican, which he had before the Trout fight. The only people I have seen root for him other than his original loyal fanbase are fans who are really haters of an opponent of Canelitos. He is extremely ordinary to me, does many things well but nothing impressive, similar to Cotto, but Cotto is much more pleasant to watch and also doesn't do anything poorly, Canelo has flaws, is slow, and has conditioning problems. He's also been force-fed as "the next big thing" when it's literally a baseless claim. If he ever becomes some huge superstar it will be a result of a tremendous effort behind him and by him, similar to Floyd, he will never be a natural draw like GGG, DLH, or Fury.
          Giggi is not on canelos level he's not
          Canelo has sold out completely.
          Canelo vs Kirkland did numbers gi ggi can't even wish of accomplishing

Comment

I just don't see it.

Comment

Cant be the next superstar when someone brings an inside fight to you, your only answer is to run across the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR BERTO! View Post
                Cant be the next superstar when someone brings an inside fight to you, your only answer is to run across the ring.
                U really a Berto fan, huh?

Comment

How is Thurman gonna be a star when he gets iced by Swift?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    How is Thurman gonna be a star when he gets iced by Swift?
                    Swift and Thurman both get iced by WARdana.

Come at me bro!

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Swift and Thurman both get iced by WARdana.

Come at me bro!
                      Thurman would get put on his bicycle but Swift ICES Marcos El Gordo Maidana.

This is how Danny responds when Fatboy Maidana tries to press him

Comment

Working...
                      X