Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbes: Mayweather's deal could produce $250 million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they come through their respective bouts, I think Mayweather/Alvarez would eclipse Pac/Marquez 5. Both big fights, just one is a rinse and repeat regardless of the action it brings.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Canelo will sell huge. But what after that? I honestly dont know what fighters could help him sell enough to pull that kind of dough. Maybe Khan in england if he gets his momentum back but I doubt it.

I can only really see manny and chavez jr as being able to sell 1.5 mil ppv's or better and they will be with TR.

I guess time will tell but I am skeptical right now.
      It will be interesting. However I'm more interested in the amount of times he will be fighting. This is what people wanted from him (to fight more often).

Comment

Pac-Boy is a Floyd Stan ...

"Dear May, I wrote choo but choo still ain't callin'.

I left ma cell, ma pager, and ma home phone at the bottom.

I sent two lettas back in Autumn, you must notta gotte'm.

There probly was a problem at the post office or somethin.'

Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jottem.

But anyways, what's been been up, man?
        Hows' ya daughter?

Ma girlfriend's pregnant too. I'm 'bout to be a father.

If I have a daughter, guess what am a call ha? I'ma name ha "Money"."

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
          Who cares about the money? When I watch boxing, I'm not being entertained by how big the fighters wallet is... Seriously, so many people forgot what the hell boxing is or should be about!
          I don't necessarily care about the money. It is more about the amount of times he will be fighting in 30 months in order to get that kind of money.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Forbes is "most reputable financial magazine in the world" when Manny is praised. Showtime was the best network when Manny fought Shane and OSDT is wrong and only roadblocking cowards do OSDT.

Now Showtime is the worst, Forbes is a rag and OSDT should be done by Victor Conte

It has been hilarious watching all this tard flip flopping
            Serious flip flopping has been occurring... Not to mention, Floyd needs to fight more often…. Now that he made a deal to fight 6 times over 30 months, people cry about the money.

What's next, 6 times over 30 months won't be active enough?

Comment

do people really just not understand what "could" and "up to" mean? there is no guarantee of that money or that many fights. again people are impressed by things that haven't even happened.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                It will be interesting. However I'm more interested in the amount of times he will be fighting. This is what people wanted from him (to fight more often).
                I hope he fights more often too but the resources needed to put on the kind of fights that will generate this kind of money will be staggering. Unless of course the canelo fight has a bradley/manny decision and then they manufacture a 2nd and 3rd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  again dip shlt...i dont give a flying shlt about this showtime deal. Its no big deal to me...why the fuk should i care. This is good for Floyd and his bank account...Not Boxing. If its not showtime its hbo...Hes still on PPV no matter what. Duuuh!
                  And by the way...Jmm PAC 5 is the biggest fight out there thats to be made. On HBO! LOL Only dumbasses care about another mans Money...Me, i care about how they fight , when they fight and who they fight. i can care a shlt less how much money Floyd makes or Manny makes or anyone makes. Thats shlt dont impress me. LMFAO...Zillion dollars...how old are you? :WORD:
                  Juan aint fighting Pac again, get over it bro! I dont care about how big a rematch would be, its just another megafight! This thread is about Floyd's mega DEAL! Never before seen in the history if SPORTS! You say only dumbasses care about another man's money! I kind of agree! Only thing is, this entire THREAD just happens to be about Floyd's money, and his zilliondollar deal! This forbes article says its 200mil, but I heard its rumored to be 500mill! Everytime Floyd does something amazing, you go BIZZERK!! If you didnt care, then you wouldnt be in the thread! And you wouldnt be so angry posting back to back, megahate comments! Accept the fact that this man is balling, or just go away!

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                    do people really just not understand what "could" and "up to" mean? there is no guarantee of that money or that many fights. again people are impressed by things that haven't even happened.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    It is more than what has been happening either way you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      I hope he fights more often too but the resources needed to put on the kind of fights that will generate this kind of money will be staggering. Unless of course the canelo fight has a bradley/manny decision and then they manufacture a 2nd and 3rd fight.
                      Could see an Alvarez rematch no matter who gets the W or L, let alone a draw. Not to mention we could even see a Cotto rematch as some people actually believe that fight was somehow close. (winning 3 rounds isn't close, sorry).

Anyway a Khan fight could go down, however I think Khan is garbage. Still, the Euro's would back Khan and it would sell for sure. Alvarez I, II. Cotto II, Khan, Guerreo.... maybe Martinez at 160 for his last fight? lol Probably not. Anyway without Martinez that’s 5 fights right there. Then again, Floyd “gets the job done the first time around”… Is it likely he would do that many rematches? Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X