Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Imam apparently got TKO'd - What the hell happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    Just finished watching the fight...

Imam had no inside game whatsoever. Probably the worst display of inside fighting I've seen. He got mugged out there.

At least learn to clinch. If you can't fight on the inside at the very least you need to learn how to clinch and smother your opponents attacks. That's one area where he needs a lot of work in.
    I wouldn't say he has no inside game

He's got solid offense counters/body punching it's his over reliance on his reflexes for defense and staying in the pocket too much

He likes to fight too much for his own good given how poor his defense is

I've seen Imam fight live ,it was against lesser opponent and he did the same thing difference was he was able to stop him early

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post

He's got solid offense counters/body punching it's his over reliance on his reflexes for defense and staying in the pocket too much

I've seen Imam fight live ,it was against lesser opponent and he did the same thing difference was he was able to stop him early
      He needs a lot of space to operate though.

Comment

He got his ass kicked really badly.

Comment

Damn that effed up my 140 dream round robin of Crawford vs Postol vs Imam. Still should be in some good fights, but not quite as good as I thought he was.

Comment

Would Spence suffer the same fate once he steps up?

Comment

Good fight. Well done Granados.
              Imam was getting lots of hype, that de-rails things a little for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                According to boxrec he got TKO'd in the 8th round... Wow that is an upset for sure...
                I like the dude but I figured he was a knock out waiting to happen. He leaves himsef way too open sometimes.

Comment

I wonder why he was so highly hyped..i saw nothing impressive about him

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post

Yup, wholeheartedly agree. Reflex has always been the thing I've noticed about Imam. Always thought there was something about them that was delayed, not quick enough to fight in the posture that he does.

Apologies for quoted my own posts, I only do it to emphasize how much I agree with your observation

I like him - but not sure how to explain.. it's like his reflexes need time to warm up or something. Last couple of fights it's taken time before he started to react to punches instantaneously.
                    imam reaction time isn't that great, maldanado landing 4-5 punches without a defensive reflex from imam. He needs to wake up
                    proceeds to get dropped hard the next round

Only thing that I worry about is that it seems like he takes a a minute to wake up on defense, early on in fights his reaction time is off or something it's hard to describe - he simply does not react to some punches that are thrown and there are times where it feels like a huge shot is going to land like it did in the Maldanado fight
                    green K

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                      Would Spence suffer the same fate once he steps up?
                      Depends. From what I've seen he's just a physical force overpowering weak opposition. I can't wait to see him step up to see if there is more to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X