Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Boxers Express Their Gratitude To ''God?'' Does It Matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really shouldn't matter, but some people are so sensitive to religion they find it annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post

Pretty Boy Floyd for example has always stated that he is God-gifted.

Pacman Has Stated In Later Years That God Shall Dictate Verdicts or Victory.

''Praise Be To Allah'' - Hamed

''Praise Be To Allah'' - Tyson

''Praise Be To Allah'' - Ali

''I Would Like To Thank The Fans & HBO'' - Triple Gee

Golovkin is an interesting one, I have never heard him talk about God. Is he a realist or an atheist?

As a matter of fact, I don't recall Barrera, Morales, or Marquez talking about God in interviews.

Btw, I Am a Gee Hoe Ass Whiteness.
      It's a personal choice.

As a believer in God myself, I would definitely thank him after going through a fight where your health at the end is never certain.

And while Morales didn't mention God after a fight, he used to pray in his corner before the first bell. In fact, I think he stopped after John Lowey stormed after him while he was kneeling in prayer in the corner. Was pretty hilarious to see him jump up really quick and dodge the onslaught.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me, but if it makes them feel better then so be it.

Comment

When a plane is about to crash even athiests call out for God. Near death experiences also have the same effect. Boxing is one of the most dangerous sports around. Ali was asked what he felt like after his 3rd fight with Frasier:

"It was like death. Closest thing to dyin' that I know of."

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
            When a plane is about to crash even athiests call out for God. Near death experiences also have the same effect. Boxing is one of the most dangerous sports around. Ali was asked what he felt like after his 3rd fight with Frasier:

"It was like death. Closest thing to dyin' that I know of."
            an atheist who prays to god, isn't atheist!

Not a believer myself, but to each his own.

Comment

Yes GOD wants his praise after you knock out another man or beat any opponent into submission!!!!
              It's Gods way of loving us all, right? .........I guess!

Comment

To each its own....

Comment

If it matters to them, I have no problem with it.

Comment

Thank God I replied.

Comment

Thank whoever they want. It sounds completely idiotic to me, though. If there were really a God, I'd like to think he's a boxing fan, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X